How to get to Longqingxia Gorge

Written by Nov 12, 2012 12:51
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

We called this the "Lesser Lijiangl" of Beijing. Not many tourists know of this place and it is usually not in the itinerary of most conducted tours. My sister-in-law told us of this beautiful place which she says must visit. It is a little far from Beijing city. Taking public buses maybe a hussle and time consuming. As we have 4 of us we thought rental of a car would be more feasible. We checked a number of car rental services. James Mower car rental service provided us with the best quote and indicating very clearly that the price is inclusive of a driver, petrol, toll charges, parking charges and for 9 hours. Our experience with him is good and would recommend his services. His email address is james168bj@gmail.com. We started off at 7:30 am in the morning and it took us slightly more than 1 1/2 hours to reach there. The 258 meter Dragon elevator ride to the top of the dam is fascinating. From there we took the boat ride round the gorge. The gorge is beautiful and spectacular. Along the way we can alight for some photo taking, hiking and visiting historical sites. It takes more than two hours to visit all the scenic spots. It is a place worth visiting. The car ride back to Beijing city takes about 3 hours as traffic tends to build up in the afternoon.

More Beijing Travel Reviews
1. Tour guide recommendation FERNANDO from Germany Nov 12, 2012 12:37
2. A local girl shows you around in Beijing LIU from China Nov 6, 2012 03:06
3. 2012 Fragrant Hills Red Leaf Festival STEVENLEE Oct 16, 2012 03:06
Comments (1)

Jan 11, 2015 05:34 Reply

Mrs.PAOLA from Italy said:

Hi! I have few days to spend in Beijing this month. I-d like to visit the Longqingxia Gorge, is it a good place to visit in winter? I have already visited Beijing's main attractions and I hope to find something else to visit, even out from Beijing, could you suggest me some other interesting places?
Thanks

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.