A long trip from Beijing to Wuyuan (The end)

Written by Ms. LILY Apr 11, 2013 02:14
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

Feb 19
I was the first one who got up this morning. Then I woke up my husband and called my brother to get up. My husband was a bit confused. He knows too much about me. Why did a sleepy girl get up so early? I told him that we were going to have breakfast at a soup restaurant. Bad luck again! It was closed. I asked the neighboring restaurant when it was open. “2 pm to 3 am”, said the waiter.

What a disappointment! We had no choice but had breakfast at the KFC. Then we went to the Sanbao International Porcelain Village. It was still drizzling. We didn’t find many tourists in the village excluding us.

The Sanbao International Porcelain Village is for free visit. Here we saw several kinds of kilns, broken chinaware pieces and some funny porcelain figures. A small restaurant in the village attracted our attention. It’s called “Shi Wai Tao Yuan (Shangri-La in English)”. I told my husband and brother that it would be very nice to dine, make tea and enjoy porcelain works here. My husband reminded me that we should leave now. Yes, we should move to Wu Yuan now.

It’s about 80 kilometers from the Sanbao International Porcelain Village to Wu Yuan. We left the village nearly 11:00 and reached Wangkou at 13:00. Wu Yuan is comprised of several scenic spots and Wangkou is just one of the several scenic spots. My husband entered the ticket office, bought three combo tickets (CNY 540 in all) and invited a beautiful tour guide for us.

Wangkou Village is our first stop. It’s spitting here too. Rain has become a part of my trip. Thanks to the rain, the village is partially hidden and partially visible. Here we come to explore its mystery. The village is surrounded by a long and wide river. We walked along the river and reached the ancestral temple. The tour guide explained its exquisite architectural characteristics to us. Frankly speaking, we quite enjoyed her introduction. She told us that she is a local here. I told her “I envy you very much. There is nothing better than living and working in a picturesque village.” She just smiled to me and uttered nothing.

My brother, my husband and I asked the tour guide if we could visit her home. She said “No problem.” The villagers here never close their gates. So we saw clearly all the furnishings in the main hall from the front gate of her house. A square table is placed in the middle with two chairs on each side. A Chinese painting is hung above the table. There are no other furnishings. She told us that almost all houses in the village have similar arrangements like her house. She has two kids, a son and a daughter. Her daughter is a bit shy. She hid behind the door and stared at us. Her son was naughty. We played with him for a while and then discussed where to go for lunch. The beautiful tour guide said her sister ran a restaurant here. Fine, we followed her to her sister’s restaurant.

Upon entering the restaurant, her sister a plate of peatnuts, sunflower seeds, candies and some other kinds of snacks. Right, the Spring Festival wasn’t gone. Her sister treated us like her friends. You know, we were a bit surprised and felt honored to dine with them. Her sister cooked several dishes for us, fried bamboo shoots with sweet pepper, scrambled eggs with onion and sweet pepper, stir-fried vegetable, tomato and egg soup and braised red carp. The last one was really amazing. I ate carp many times but never tasted a red one. Actually, I just saw red carps in the fishbowl. The tour guide’s sister said the red carp was raised and picked up in the river. Couldn’t believe it! We said “goodbye” to the tour guide and her lovely sister after dinner and drove to Jiangling.

Jiangling is located on an anonymous mountain. It’s the best location to view the coleflower sea when colefower flourishes. Unfortunately we didn’t come at an appropriate time. It was very cold and windy at the top of the mountain. We took some pictures and hid in the car immediately.

Xiaoqi Village is the third place we visited. It is divided into two parts, Upper Xiaoqi and Lower Xiaoqi. The village was lonely. When the coleflower fully flourishes, it would be busy again. To my impression, Xiaoqi resembles Wangkou very much. The night was shutting down. We firstly decided to dine and sleep at a local’s home. But it was too cold in Feb here. So we found an economical room in the downtown area and then went out for dinner. Then we bought two tea jars at a shop and got back to our hotel.

Feb 20
I thought I would end my trip here in rainy days. When I opened the contain, I suddenly shouted “Good! Good!” to my husband. He was woken up and looked at me for a second. I told him it was a sunny day.

Our next stop is Rainbow Bridge. I was thinking if I could see the rainbow there. I was a bit disappointed when we got there. No rainbow! The wood structured bridge looks magnificent. A statue of Da Yu erects in the middle of the bridge. He is a god in Chinese mythology that controlled the floods and saved the ordinary people. The villagers here hope that Yu the Great can bless them from the water disaster.

Walking to the other end of the Rainbow Bridge, we saw a huge water wheel and a temple from a distance. The villagers here inherit simple and old living ways from their ancestors. They still come by the river under the Rainbow Bridge to wash their clothes and vegetables. The temple is not a visit. It seems that the temple was built not long ago.

Saying “byebye” to the Rainbow Bridge, we came to a place called Si Yan, which comprises two villages “Si” and “Yan”. An old bridge came into our sight as we walked close to the Si Village. It resembles the Rainbow Bridge very much. There is a statue of Yu the Great in the middle of the bridge too.

We entered the Si Village and found there was a sign on the gate of a local’s house. According to it, visitors who climb to the top of their house and shoot pictures have to buy tickets. What can we see from the top of the house? We were very curious and decided to find it out. The villager was very honest. I thought three of us should pay for CNY 15 in all. But he said “CNY 5 for each camera”. Finally, we found out the answer. We saw the full extent of the village. No wonder he charged CNY 5 per camera. Very smart! He makes use of his house to make money.

Considering that my husband and I had to get to Beijing tomorrow, we didn’t go on with our trip in Wu Yuan. After visiting the Si and Yan Villages, we planned to drive to Hefei directly. There we could fly back to Beijing easily. We didn’t have lunch in the villages in order to save time for us. Instead, we bought some snack at the convenience store of the petrol station on the express way. We were very excited when we reached the downtown area of Hefei. where to have dinner? I told them “Don’t worry. I already take care of it.” Actually, I already found a restaurant with the help of my cellphone APP.

The restaurant’s specialty is Long Xia (lobster). But it was closed when we got there. All right! It’s still Spring Festival Holidays. We kept moving on and found that some other restaurants that specialized in lobster were open. My husband and my brother couldn’t wait. They got off the car and went toward one restaurant directly. Fine! We could soon find out whether they were as unlucky as me. Upon entering the restaurant, the waiters gave us a menu and we ordered lobster and some other dishes. The dishes were served after 20 minutes. But I was shocked when I saw the lobsters. They were tinny and didn’t look like those I saw before. The waiter came and explained that they sold small freshwater lobsters (totally different from those seawater ones).

How could three of us finish a basin of small freshwater lobsters? My husband and brother said “Don’t worry. We finish them all.” They kept their words and ate them all up. Of course I ate some. We didn’t stay long at the restaurant. They urged me to leave because they were very tired and sleepy. I found a Motel 168 near the restaurant where we had dinner. A room cost CNY 161. Acceptable! We checked in and went to sleep early.

Feb 21
We got up early, checked out and had a big breakfast together. My brother was going to drive back to Ping Xiang while we two were to fly back to Beijing. He had to drive a long road to get back. I was afraid that he had no time to have lunch. After breakfast, we went to a shop and bought some snacks for him.

Seeing his car gradually disappearing in my sight, my husband and I took a taxi to the airport and flew back to Beijing.

More Jiangxi Travel Reviews
1. A long trip from Beijing to Wuyuan (To be continued) LILY from China Apr 11, 2013 02:13
2. Hiking in Sanqingshan WOLFIES from United States Dec 19, 2010 16:40
3. Cole Flower Trip LIZXLI from CN Jun 22, 2007 01:06
Comments (0)

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.