Taxi rip off at Beijing Train Station

Written by Mrs. FORTE May 31, 2013 09:08
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

I am wrting this as a warning to unsuspecting tourists, like my husband and I who arrived at Beijing central train station this afternoon.   We queued for half an hour in an official taxi rank for about 30 minutes. When we got to the front of the queue we were ushered in to a taxi.  There was a guy in charge, or so we thought, sort of helping us in to a cab.  We asked the price and were quoted 280 Yen.. We tried to argue as this obviously seemed a ridiculous amount of money.  
But we accepted the fare, didnt get a receipt.  We've been ripped off yet again.  Yes, we're tourists!  But quite frankly... THIS IS DAYLIGHT ROBBERY,  and I have no suggestions as to how it can be avoided, except if you contact your hotel befofe arriving and ask them to pick you up or order a taxi to wait for you at the station

robbed and fed up
E Forte,  first time visitor to Beijing, China

More Beijing Travel Reviews
1. Ask for Christine to be your Guide - She was wonderful! BEAPRESS May 22, 2013 20:10
2. Slow Boat Brewery Taproom - Great place for good beer JANET from USA May 2, 2013 00:50
3. Horrible taxi drivers AILIN from China Apr 4, 2013 21:35
Comments (3)

Dec 6, 2013 19:22 Reply

Mrs.MAY WINT THU from Myanmar said:

Yes! We also meet like that such kind of drivers in front of railway station. But we do not accept their price and pushing half price of them. They also not have meter on car. So bad for it.

Aug 14, 2013 14:04 Reply

DJKDEE said:

next time don't ask them ...just tell them to use their metter!

Aug 17, 2013 22:21
Mr.STEVEN replied:

What if the drivers use non-standard meters? It's too bad to meet a driver who uses a non-standard meter.

Jul 17, 2013 04:45 Reply

SASHA said:

Capital city... such a shame.

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.