Guangzhou City (My First visit to China)

Written by Nov 18, 2005 06:11
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

Bueatifull City GZ

Hello,
My name is Gireesha.KS, from Bangalore city in Karnataka Province of INDIA.
I was visiting Guangzhou for the first time and this is my experience.

In my life, that was the first time I visited Foreign Country. I come down to Guangzhou via Singapore. The GZ Airport is also a bigger one like Singapore Airport. The way they constructed the Airport is tremendous. Really I was shocked after seeing this Airport, because Before coming to China, I was thought that “I am going China, the Communist country, How is my future there like”.
After seeing that country (Guangzhou), really I was very happy. After finishing the customs I was come out of the Airport. Our office assistant was waiting for us (Me and my friend Ravi Mohan, from Chennai, India) in the Airport.

I was in a communist country, for the first time, and it was the most exhilarating experience. Having read so much about the communist ideology over the years I was only too eager to find what it was like in real life. Because, I was born and brought up in Democratic Country INDIA.

Outside the lobby my local hosts were patiently waiting underneath an overcast sky. The air was warm and heavy, warning us of a tropical downpour. Driving into town I couldn't help but be mesmerized by the lush hills partially covered by mist, just like in old Chinese paintings. We were in the southeastern province of Guangdong, heading for the city of Guangzhou, an ancient Chinese city believed to have been built in 214 B.C. and sacked by Arabs and Persians in 758 A.D.

Fast forward to 2005 A.D., and Guangzhou was a bustling city with almost 7 million inhabitants. Conveniently located in the Pearl River Delta, a massive manufacturing center, they could hop on a train and arrive at one of Asia's main trading posts, Hong Kong, within 2 hours.

Totally, the City Guangzhou is very beautiful and ultra modern city and looks like a Western country. As an Asian, I am proud of that City.

Thanks & regards
Gireesha.KS

More Guangzhou Travel Reviews
1. <A>America, Nevermind the Camel! BLUEBERRY Oct 2, 2005 13:10
2. <A> Guangzhou Spring Festival Interlude RUTHANDERSON from CA Jul 31, 2005 23:07
3. Looking for Garment Manufacturer TRANSERVE888 Mar 12, 2005 12:03
Comments (0)

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.