1-Day Hangzhou Tour

Written by Ms. GOH Dec 23, 2018 17:29
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

We would like to let everyone knows about a tour guide called Jeffrey in Hangzhou.

We were on a 9-day tour to Shanghai and booked a local Hangzhou tour. The local tour took place on 30 Nov 18 and we were the only family of 3.

He was very irresponsible as he sent us to the wrong railway station and dumped us there despite realizing it at the checkpoint. On the pretext of getting his bag, he left us in a lurch at the railway station with no map, directions, guidance, etc whatsoever despite we were only there for the first time and only a day with no one to look to for help. Despite repeated phone calls, he refused to help and refused to pick up calls. 
We were so desperate that we waved to immigration officer for help that he directed us to change train tickets but the train tickets were not recognized, etc issues, I was thrown out of the queue despite repeated clarifications and appealed for help as I was a foreigner and not a cheat.  The officer at the ticket office saw my passport and noted that I was not a local also did not grant special concession and just threw me out of queue. The locals and ticket officer were so unfriendly and unemphatic towards a foreigner requesting for help with a child just desperately trying to go back to Shanghai where the accommodation etc was.
We were left in a lurch for more than 2 hours and sat outside of the railway station in the cold for fear of missing out on the 2nd tour guide sent by the agency that we did not dare to go anywhere as there was limited wifi connection also, even toilet! My young kid got to sit in the cold with us and we were hungry too! After all the panic attacks, I had gastric upset also as overwhelmed by the state we were in and so scared especially it was getting dark and a few locals kept approaching us also.

More Hangzhou Travel Reviews
1. Renting A Bike to Tour Hangzhou ANDY Jul 17, 2012 21:50
2. Hangzhou, West Lake. Chinese dream location. GUNNARF11 from Sweden Aug 9, 2011 08:11
3. Don't bother WALKER from australia May 16, 2011 06:11
Comments (0)

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.