Menu

Kashgar Travel Reviews

Feb 6, 2010 07:01

It is said that you would not know how huge China is until you come to Xinjiang. When the train was speeding along deserts of Xinjiang, I really had this feeling. My friend Xiaoma picked me up when we arrived at Urumqi, and he gave me 4 pieces of Nang which is a delicious local food. Xiaoma told ... Details

• Views: 3324
  • Compliments: 1
  • Responses: 0
Mar 27, 2009 03:54

It's not often that I am disappointed by tourist destinations while I travel around China - especially here in Xinjiang - but it does happen on occasion. Most of the time I am blown away by the landscapes whose beauty is breathtaking or the history behind some ruin that keeps my imagination running ... Details

• Views: 5936
  • Compliments: 0
  • Responses: 1
Mar 15, 2009 02:37

Why is it that death sometimes interests us more than life itself? As I travel through China I am amazed by how many tombs dot the tourist maps I use to navigate and how often even the locals tell me that the best place to visit is so-and-so’s grave. The same thing happened during my visit to ... Details

• Views: 8343
  • Compliments: 0
  • Responses: 1
Jun 30, 2007 11:06

Flung out far to the west on the other side of the great vastness of the tarim pendi, lies Kashi (kashgar) on the Tumen river. Kashgar is closer to the Islamabad, Delhi, Kabul, Tehran and even Baghdad than it is to Beijing, with the borders of Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan and Pakistan nearby. ... Details

• Views: 4459
  • Compliments: 1
  • Responses: 3