Menu
Menu
Beijing Time(GMT+8)
New York Time(GMT-5)
Greenwich Mean Time(GMT)
Beijing Time(GMT+8)
Profile Travel Reviews Travel Forum Travel Tips Photo album  
Jilin Travel Tips
Your first-hand tips on an area you have been to in China will help other fellow travelers on their trip planning and on-the-spot stay. Please choose one of the specific categories.
Tips 1-8 of 11 Page 1 of 2 < Previous Next > Page:
Write Your Travel Tip
Keep warm
By ICEBLUE | 1/28/2008 9:09:06 PM

Most parts of China are experiencing the chilliest winter in the past several decades. The South China also become very cold and snowy. If you want to have a winter travel to China, please bring enough thick clothes to keep warm.

Tian Shi(Angle) Hotel
By CALIFORNIA | 2/28/2006 9:32:05 AM

If you go to Jilin to see the amazing scenery---Wu Song,Tian Shi Hotel is a good choice,it is near the river---Song Hua river,and about 2mins on foot!

120RMB for a warm room!!!

Er'renzhuan
By PEA28COCK | 2/21/2006 3:42:58 AM

If you go to Changchun, you shouldn't miss Errenzhuan, a kind of traditional folk art of Dongbei (Northeast part of China). A good place for you to enjoy it is Heping Theatre which is located in No.295, Chongqing Lu, Changchun.

Have fun!

Winter-Only Wu Song
By LEMONCACTUS | 1/30/2006 7:48:14 AM

The Wu Song really is spectacular.

A unique winter wonderland created by warm river water meeting freezing fog temperatures. All along the river everything is turned white with a heavy frost.

For the best landscape I recommend going East along the river. Especially from the Catholic Church head East, there is a nice park area with sculptures, trees and...erm... tanks!

Get up early, the Wu Song is at its best between 7am - 10am.

Wrap up warm. It's absolutely freezing and the vapour sticks to your hair/clothes etc and freezes them!

Enjoy!

Budget Accommodation
By LEMONCACTUS | 1/30/2006 7:49:21 AM

Jilin City isn't glamorous or on the tourist trail, so places to stay are limited.

I stayed at Tian Shi Bin Guan (Angel Hotel). It is in an excellent location for viewing the Wu Song, being just 2 minutes walk from the Song Hua Jiang (Song Hua River) and the Catholic Church.

A twin room cost me 120RMB. Breakfast was included, nothing fancy but good enough. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

I did return back at around midnight one evening and the doors were locked. Fortunately a security guard was awake and unlocked them ;)

Not sure how good their English is though!

Address: 2 Nanjing Jie, Jilin City

DENNIS LOWRIMORE
By LORDANDEN | 1/16/2006 2:25:42 AM

bUYING PHONE CARDS IS SIMPLE HERE, /THEY ARE SOLD IN STORES, CELL PHONE STORES AND ON SIDEWALK VENDORS.

Jing Yue Tan National Forest Park
By CALIFORNIA | 1/5/2006 1:02:11 AM

Jing Yue Tan National Forest Park was in the southeast of Changchun,you can take NO.160 from People Square to there!
If you go there in winter,it is also a good place for skiing,and play snow slide,snow moto......
I think it is also beautiful in summer,there were many trees,and a big lake!Nice for relax!
Welcome!

Puppet Manchurian Palace
By CALIFORNIA | 1/5/2006 12:49:54 AM

In the captial of Jilin Province,changchun,there was an emperor place for the Last Emperor of China!Maybe you have watched the film"Last Emperor"!
If you go to the city changchun,Puppet Manchurian Palace can't be missed!
The city was not very big,if you take a taxi from here to there,only 5RMB---10RMB!
Good luck!

Tips 1-8 of 11 Page 1 of 2 < Previous Next > Page:
Write Your Travel Tip