Menu
Yichang to Shanghai Need advice
Mar 13, 2008 21:18
  • ELLYSE
Are you looking to save time, or money?
Mar 14, 2008 10:38
  • JABAROOTOO
Take the bus to Wuhan and visit the museum before catching another bus to Jiujiang where you can go up to Lushan, a lovely mountain area and spend a day or two.

It you're interested in Porcelain you could stop in Jingdezhen on the way to Huangshan.
Buses are often the best means of transport for shorter distances especially if you have some time.

Read my Travel Reviews on these locations for more information

Refer Map http://www.maps-of-china.net/province/jiangxim.htm
Jan 1, 2009 19:26
GUEST10063 I am travelling with my elderly parents. Whats the best way to get from Yichang to Huangshan? Is their direct flights? How long by bus from Huangshan to Wuyuan and which village would you recommend staying in? How do you get from Wuyuan to Suzhou?
Then we want to go to Xian? Would we have to go to Shanghai to fly to Xian?

I would appreciate your help- we are looking at doing this trip the most simplest, cheapest and relaxed way as possible. I heard it is cheaper to book domestic flights in china. Do you think its too late to book the domestic flights in Guangzhou (arrive around 2 March), and book for other parts of china for travel in March?

Thanks
Look forward to hearing from you soon....
Andrea x
Jan 2, 2009 08:18
  • ELLYSE
No direct flights for Yichang -- Huangshan. If you're travelling with elderlies who can't take long-distance bus travel, I would advise you to consider either Yichang -- flight -- Shanghai -- flight -- Huangshan or perhaps Yichang -- flight -- Hangzhou -- bus (3 hours) -- Huangshan.
There're a number of villages under Wuyuan, how long do you have?
Wuyuan -- Suzhou is going to be complicated. The easiest might be to go by bus back to Huangshan then overnight sleeper train Huangshan -- Suzhou.
Yes, you'll have to go back to Shanghai if you want to fly to Xi'an after visiting Suzhou. Suzhou has no airport of its own.
If you want help planning that trip, email me at yahoo.com|ellyse99 and put "TravelChinaGuide" in the subject line.
Jan 11, 2009 10:23
GUEST70116 can anybody tell me about the train or bus route from wuhan to yichang,the cost and the spots that can be seen.the trip needs to be cheap, enjoyable,and we need to get back to wuhan on the same day too...thanx in advance for the help
Jan 20, 2009 04:08
  • ELLYSE
Train and bus are about as fast for Wuhan -- Yichang, though bus departures are more frequent. Train takes 4.5-5 hours and leave from Hankou and Wuchang train stations.
Mar 17, 2009 23:15
GUESTJAN I will travel on the Yangtze cruise from Congqing to Yichang. Is it better to take the train or the plane to Shanghai? How long will the train take?
Mar 19, 2009 09:23
  • YINMEI
The train K251 departs Yichang at 13:58 and arrives in Shanghai southern railway station at 13:26. But the plane takes 1.5 hour from Yichang to Shanghai.

Cheers!
Mar 21, 2009 01:23
  • ELLYSE
You definitely won't make it in time for the train, and it takes a rather long time!
Unless you find a flight that leaves after 1630, you'll have to stay a night in Shanghai.
May 5, 2009 18:02
GUESTITSALLGOOD Hello eveyone, I'm new to the forum
I look forward to sharing and exchanging information with everyone!
I have been watching the forum for a while and I just decided to join and participate!
See ya...
Page 2 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Yichang to Shanghai Need advice
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code