Menu
Would like to meet up any female English speaking companion/friend
Nov 3, 2006 07:48
  • GETLINKDEEP
I supposed we are in different strokes. This is an open forum. Does my msg offend u. If so, u can always ignore. Different people have different needs. Why so work up by my request.
I find it strange !!
Nov 3, 2006 07:51
  • PINETREE
I believe that this is not a website for people to seek women. If you must, I think there are many other websites for you to do so. U can even go to the local ktvs to find them - if u can afford.
This is a respectable website for travel & most things Chinese - not partnership seeking.
Nov 3, 2006 07:58
  • GETLINKDEEP
If I am not wrong .. this is a community forum. I am looking for help as I new in TJ. I supposed when I mentioned female friend ... the first impression is something fishy .. if that's what u may be thinking ... then there's no need for me to explain.
Nov 3, 2006 22:30
  • GRYOKAN
Hey friend, this is an open forum for decent discussion on China - not seeking Chinese gals.
Save it buddy, no decent girl will respond to you - ChynaGrl's comments are a clear hint. You tell no nothing about yourself - not even in your profile - & are expecting a response ? Seems like the desperate & gullible one is ya.
Try the chatroom - that might be more appropriate for your needs.
See ya & have fun there.
Nov 3, 2006 22:59
  • GRYOKAN
The Lord above made women for men to marry,
But with a little bit of luck, with a little bit of luck,
U may have them and never get hooked !!
Nov 5, 2006 07:40
  • APAULT
Oh dear Pinetree, once again you have an ill informed viewpoint (like your prejudice against foreign teachers). Getlinkdeep asked a perfectly reasonable question. I had more female friends than male ones while I was in China. When I sought friends on line only the females were prepared to maintain a continuing friendship.

Also, I took offence at married Chinese men repeatedly inviting me to brothels - that surely is far worse. (I was told that most professional married men, visit brothels on a regular basis. Evidence of this is the number of hotels I stayed in where prostitutes came and knocked on my door...angrily when I shooed them away). Perhaps this is the reason some Chinese girls seek out western men!

Getlinkdeep, I am sure you will find a good female friend or two, and as fara as I am concerned this forum is about making friends, so please make your friendly enquiries here.
Nov 5, 2006 21:03
  • PINETREE
Apault, apparently you go t yourself mixed up on this issue and that on foreign teachers. I believe we have had enough on the foreign teachers topic and shall not revisit it again. But I do wish you all the best in your past time job in China.
As to your statement on the reason why white men are popular with Chinese gals, I can only let them have their say.
Nov 5, 2006 21:12
  • PINETREE
Whilst it is nor unusual for married men (CHinese or not), professional or not to visit brothels, you must note that they pay for a service. Some westerners come here with nothing but hope to get a free body plus free Chinese lessons.
I regard this as more shameful.
Nov 6, 2006 19:14
  • CHYNAGYRL
wow. I sure touched a nerve. My comment was sarcastic, but it was based on my observations of Western guys living in Asia. There are many nice Western guys in Asia; the majority are good ones in my opinion. But there are also many immature foreigners in Asia who abuse their status and were looking for something less noble and more carnal than "friendship and language exchange."

If you are posting an online ad, you should introduce yourself properly when seeking a female friend. I am concerned about an innocent Chinese girl who thinks she is meeting a nice foreign guy and gets a big surprise. Also, a foreign guy might get a big surprise if he is too naive.
Nov 6, 2006 20:55
  • PINETREE
Well said, ChynaGyrl - u hit it right on the head of the nail.
It is a surprise that whilst our dear Apault advocated actions against advertisements on this forum just not too long along, he is now recommending that his fellow whites continue advertising for free bodies here. What is amiss pl ?
Let this be clear, I do not know Getlinkdep(there is absolutely nothing in his profile, too) at all and have nothing personal against him. It is just my views on such advertisement by westerners on this - u don't notice Asians doing it. The underlying message of such actions represents a huge gap in cultural differences and prejudice against Chinese or even Asian women.
It is a shame that after spending sometime in China, these western foreigners still do not seem to understand some basic Chinese culture - incl the dos & donts. And this was precisely 1 of the base reasons I was asking expats why they were here in China ? I haven't yet found the answers to this yet but I can guess.
Anyone for a further discussion on this separately again ?
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Would like to meet up any female English speaking companion/friend
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code