Menu
Yunnan in the winter
Nov 15, 2009 23:19
GUEST03134 Hello!
I am planning to travel in Yunnan this 2009 xmas in winter.
I read a few of your treads and travel advice. we will be there for one week. Would you suggest the north or south? Can you email me at seror.it|daphne ? I am based in BJ! thanks
Dec 20, 2009 09:27
  • ELLYSE
Well, what temperature would you prefer? What are your sightseeing interests and preferences? How many days would you have?
Dec 21, 2009 09:16
GUEST75136 I am also going to Yunnan! I got no problem exploring under heavy cold if i have the proper clothes, but i read above that there are no central heating on the buildings!! If there are no central heating on buildings un Kunming, can i assume that hostels of the neighboring cities also won`t have?

Which temperatures will i be facing at this coming january/february at the north part of the province (Lijiang, Shangri-la...) ?

Thanks for the help!
Dec 22, 2009 00:10
  • ELLYSE
No central heating, but airconditioners should have the heating aspect.
I would guess around freezing point or lower for Lijiang and Zhongdian.
Dec 22, 2009 09:35
GUEST44512 Thank you very much!

Have your heard about Tiger Leaping Gorge being close for this winter season? Or at least do you know how do I get official information about it? People are talking about this matter in other forums and I am really afraid of going all the way there and not being able to hike the Gorge.
Dec 22, 2009 22:24
  • ELLYSE
Other forums? Sorry, not sure. You might want to call Margo of Gorged Tiger Cafe in Qiaotou. Try looking for her contact in Lonely Planet guidebook.
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Yunnan in the winter
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code