Menu
What is your favorite city of China?
May 5, 2007 23:30
  • HBBE734
Agree John. Is more of a peaceful place to visit.
May 7, 2007 04:07
  • YEMMIE
Yes, I have been to Wuhan. I liked it very much. My Fiancee showed me around there. The people were extremely friendly. It is where I was invited to drink with some locals at a sidewalk cafe. And, that same night, at the cafe, I made my musical debut in China. I borrowed a guitar from a nice young man, and played and sang one of my songs. The people there seemed to like it. If not, they were very kind.

We rode the train from there to XiangFan (hard sleeper), and had no difficulties. Frankly, I think train travel is the best.
May 8, 2007 01:52
My favorite city in China is Lhasa. I know it's a vastly different city than it was 50 years ago, but it's still got amazing history, culture, art, architecture, a vibrant Buddhist community, natural surroundings - and for better or worse, good food! (Western and Tibetan included).

Also you don't have to travel too far outside of Lhasa to experience a more traditional Tibetan lifestyle.

Check out some pictures around Lhasa and Eastern Tibet if you're interested
May 8, 2007 14:08
  • PAINTERPT
Hello Ellen,
Xian was the first city that I visited the first time that I went to China. Xian was great for culture, art, and its' history. Guilin is now my first choice, for its' beauty and its' people. There are many towns and villages close to Guilin that are easy to visit and the Li river is a great place to see spectacular scenery. I did not care for Shenzhen, I found it too commercial. Beijing was very nice but the air quality was poor at times.
May 8, 2007 19:52
  • ELLEN77
Yemmie, thank you for your reply about Wuhan. Yes, people there are kind, but I think it is true of most Chinese people. I have heard that the nightlife of Wuhan is distinctive, people there are crasy when night falls. And snacks also exude then. :) . It is open and modernized.
But I doubt whether I can smile at the hot weather in the summer. :(
May 8, 2007 19:57
  • ELLEN77
CHINABACKROADS, you have touch a string of heart. Tibet is a holy and pure dreamland for me. THe snowland, high mountains, sacred lakes and rivers, and mysterious Tibetan culture and people are all interesting to me. Lhasa and Nyingchi are two places I must visit one day.
May 8, 2007 20:20
  • ELLEN77
PAINTERPT, you really get to the point about these cities. You must have seen many cities in China.
I think Guilin is a good place, both for sightseeing and living.
May 8, 2007 20:29
  • SAKDI
absolutely Xi'an,
May 9, 2007 20:03
  • SAKDI
Thank you Panee, our tour guide for showing us many fascinated things during our excursion to Xi'an. The trip was a little bit exhaused but it was a memorable one. We are thinking about a revisit next year. Thank you again! see you, Taiguotui.
May 13, 2007 06:07
  • GAZ07
Hi guys,

I visited a lot of cities in China, maybe 20 or so, and i have to say my favourite was Beijing (although i wouldn't want to live there). I know it's an obvious answer but it just felt like i was in a different world - so much culture and history. Amazing.

My least favourite city was Shenzhen. It was the first place i visited in mainland China, and i nearly turned back to Hong Kong i hated it so much!!!
Page 7 of 8    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What is your favorite city of China?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code