Menu
What is your favorite city of China?
May 13, 2007 21:07
  • SAKDI
I spoke broken Chinese (Potonghua) during my trips to China (I went there three times already). I found that every outings were much more pleasant and welcomed,seemed that peple there are willing to communicate in their dialect than an alient one. It would be advisable if you could learn some Potanghua before setting out to China.
May 13, 2007 21:51
  • MAY001
Gaz, why did u hate Shenzhen? Cos it's a modern city?? Far away from your imagination on ANCIENT China??
May 14, 2007 17:36
  • GAZ07
Hi May,

Yes, that is a perfect explanation of why i don't like the city of Shenzhen. For me, it has no character.

When i walked around Beijing, Macau, Wuhan, Kunming, Changsha and almost every other city i visited in China i felt excited, curious & inspired. I never knew what i would find - old men singing & playing chinese instruments, old chinese neighbourhoods, students too shy to talk with me, hidden temples and nice family restaurants where you are greeted with a smile. This is what made China incredible, just as much as The Great Wall & Forbidden City...

I will be fair to Shenzhen though, and say i enjoyed my half day in Shekou and i had a great day at "Minsk World" - a disused Russian aircraft ship that you can walk around.
May 14, 2007 20:32
  • SAKDI
I think poeple from different geographic area have different characters so do the physical surroundings and culture. I found Goungzhou completely bizzarr when I traveled in from the Norht,especially foods and people that look quite different.
May 14, 2007 23:22
  • CALIFORNIA
I like Shekou area in Shenzhen:-)
May 15, 2007 02:28
  • FAERIEQUEENE
i am saving my judgement and will answer this thread in a few years time lol
Aug 13, 2015 19:05
GUEST99250 hello every one :)
m fahar from pakistan.i got admission in Zhanjiang. am coming to china in sept 2015 and its my first time to visit china.
i donot know much about china but i study alt about Zhanjiang ,about its beauty ,weather etc :) i am too much crease to know about this city
please will you like to share any thing about my upcoming sweet land Zhanjiang
Sep 7, 2015 03:31
For a few days yangshuo is my number one. But for living i am not sure. I like guiyan, but imo its more of a family city, i need more action. beijing is too big imo. Interested to hear your thoughts
Page 8 of 8    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What is your favorite city of China?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code