Menu
christian church in Shanghai
Jan 3, 2010 23:53
GUEST33187 I looked up some information. I understand that as a "registered church" as member of the three recognized church organizations in China, local Chinese are not allowed to be evangelized by foreigners. Well, I still wonder whether its not possible a) to employ a pastor of Chinese citizenship and therefore fulfill the requirement that other local Chinese churches also seem to meet and b) why the drive to be a registered church seemed to be more important than reaching out to Chinese. It seems nowadays, especially in Shanghai, that local authorities have no issues with permitting a group of people to meet in order to study the bible. At least this does not seem to violate any federal nor state nor city laws. But I am happy to stand corrected by anybody with more knowledge and proper references.

Again, I have no intention whatsoever to violate any Chinese laws. Quite the opposite, I believe that a group gathering to study the bible promotes peace, good ethical values which seems to be in full agreement with what the Chinese government is currently striving for.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST79758 View Post

EXCUSE ME? Why are no Chinese allowed in the service? Could you please point to the legislation or law that prevents you from accepting local Chinese to your church service. As visitor and active church member in Japan I am SERIOUSLY SHOCKED at hearing you refuse Chinese who hold a Chinese passport. How can this be? How is this in agreement with ho...
Jun 10, 2010 02:45
  • TATIYANNA
Because it is against government policy.
Sep 15, 2010 13:39
GUEST50247 hello
I am an evangelical chistian. I live in africa. I am looking for brotherhood to make business relation particulary in the laptops area.
can you help me ?

my mail is : yahoo.fr|sergenarcisse07

May Jesus bless you.
Jan 26, 2011 01:23
GUESTSMITH Hi guys, we are a couple from Australia he English she Chinese. We will visit your church in October. We are good Christian non-denonminational but pure of heart. We work for Childrens' Charities and love the life our LORD Jesus gave us. P.S. Have a look at a wonderful inspirational Youtube about a little known of story about his life. The Real Christos Coin Youtube.
Feb 11, 2011 21:01
  • DW1VEU
Hi! I will be visiting Pudong, Shanghai in a couple of weeks. I like to know if there is a Christian Church near that area. Thanks!
Feb 12, 2011 20:48
  • CHERRY07
Quote:

Originally Posted by DW1VEU

Hi! I will be visiting Pudong, Shanghai in a couple of weeks. I like to know if there is a Christian Church near that area. Thanks!

Read this page and you will find churches in Shanghai:
http://www.travelchinaguide.com/cityguides/shanghai/churches.htm
Apr 8, 2011 17:56
GUEST52333 I am looking for an Anglican or Episcopal Church in Shanghai. Are there any ?

Susan verizon.net|mhsusanh
Apr 15, 2011 14:03
GUEST19134 Please provide me with the adress of the Church.I am a Caucasin Minister from Toronto,Canada,and I also Sing and play a Piano Accordion.I would love to minister with a Translator for FREE. am coming on May 1till May 11.I will be staying in Shanghai downtown.Blessings:Rev.Mal Rice 011-647-205-9502
Apr 16, 2011 21:55
GUEST0304
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST19134

Please provide me with the adress of the Church.I am a Caucasin Minister from Toronto,Canada,and I also Sing and play a Piano Accordion.I would love to minister with a Translator for FREE. am coming on May 1till May 11.I will be staying in Shanghai downtown.Blessings:Rev.Mal Rice 011-647-205-9502

See if you can get some useful info on this page:
http://www.travelchinaguide.com/cityguides/shanghai/churches.htm
May 23, 2011 08:49
GUEST26102 I attend the Shanghai Community Fellowship (Hengshan Road), and our church also has a service at the Hongqiao Marriott Hotel in Changning. SCF is a non-denominational Protestant church located in Puxi.

Check the website for details: http://shanghaifellowship.org/
Page 3 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: christian church in Shanghai
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code