Menu
Marriage... How does a foreigner marry a chinese woman?
Dec 29, 2009 12:17
  • DYNAMO45
Hi Canada guy and Ross Webber...
You gentlemen seem to be the ones with the expertise that I need. I am Canadian, long since divorced, and I want to marry my chinese girl in May 2010.
I have already spent a month with her in September 09. I just recieved a copy of my divorce papers from the courthouse where they were filed years ago. Where and how do I get this "single certificate" that I hear about, and also, do I need to get any documents translated into Chinese? If so, where would I get this done? I live in Calgary, Alberta
Any info on what documents I need to take to China with me would be greatly appreciated, and also where to aquire said documents.
I
Dec 31, 2009 19:42
GUEST27244 The Secretary of State office in San Francisco (the one on 455 Golden Gate Avenue) has been closed down - since April apparently.
I went by there today hoping to get my Certificate of Marriageability and found a note posted on the door saying they have been shut down with a Sacramento Phone number to call for more information.

(916) 653-7244

After calling and speaking with a woman in the State office in Sacto, she said the Sacramento and Fresno offices were closed down due to budget constraints, so the only way to handle this issue was to go to Sacramento or mail in my forms as instructed to do on the Chinese Embassy website here:

http://www.sos.ca.gov/business/notary/authentication.htm

Then follow the instructions for the rest of the document as posted here:

http://www.chinaconsulatesf.org/eng/qianzhen/yzggmjh/
Jan 2, 2010 10:59
  • CANADAGUY
Quote:

Originally Posted by DYNAMO45

...Where and how do I get this "single certificate" that I hear about, and also, do I need to get any documents translated into Chinese? If so, where would I get this done? I live in Calgary, Alberta
Any info on what documents I need to take to China with me would be greatly appreciated, and also where to aquire said documents.
I

Don, see the PM that I sent you.
You would need to have the document translated into Chinese as well, by an official translator.
Jan 3, 2010 14:10
  • DYNAMO45
I did get the PM , and thanks very much CG!!!
Jan 5, 2010 09:59
GUEST67210 hi wolfey how did u get on? whats the property inspection report all about\?
Jan 22, 2010 10:50
  • JTBUTT0808
i do marry with chines girl in my country now she invite me to come china and visit family. how i register my marry in china beacuse we do marry outside china. what document i need
Jan 23, 2010 01:54
GUESTASTORSMOK Hi, I'm a single working mom and am planning to go back to school this fall and get a nursing degree. I have been looking into obtaining a pell grant plus some different financial aid alternatives. Anyone have any kind of recomendations for some easy scholarships or even grants that i might find?
Jan 31, 2010 14:12
GUEST81167 I have been conversing by e-mail over a month by email to Sabrina in Nanning China. She is 57 retired and myself 69 retired living in New York State and wintering in FL. Sabrina before we meant on line had plan to visit as tourist before hand staying with friends in FL. who are American man Chinese women married living in FL. She was to meet me while here. Anyways friday they rejected her for Tourist Visa saying she might migrate here and rejected her for VIsa. @ this point its a K1 started with me in U.S.. Questions: Being rejected for a Tourist Visa hurt changes for K1 approval.Iam i required to go to China ist to meet in person then come back and file the K1 paper work. What iam saying is being on line ok. What kind of proof you to are in love and may marry ? Also should i hire a Immigration lawyer to procees through the system for K1 approval. If not away to see if paper work is correct, so it dosent come back..Some what concern of prevous rejection will hurt in the K1 Thanks Dick from NY & FL
Mar 7, 2010 17:43
GUEST23695 Hi Danny
I seem to be having the same problem.The best thing to do is bring her here and get married here in england.
She said the formalities are conducted in chung chun city to get married.
Not sure
gary
Mar 9, 2010 17:59
GUEST28213 slow down!!!!!! i HAVE A CHINESE WIFE I MARRIED. That is from Guangzhou. if you make her pregnant you could loose your visa, be held in China until the courts decide your fate. SLOW DOWN. Chinese woman are not in a big hurry to have children, they think lke American women.

Slow down. These are very intelligent women. They know the laws well. The laws in China are the same as the US.
\YOu do not want to do anything in China, you are a foreigner, a rich American, never forget this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will tell you i know many Chinese woman, they are in no hurry to have children, or a husband. Woman in China choose there men by economic level first. This is not bad, but it is first priorty.

I know maybe 30 single women in China, they are not in hurry to marry, or have children. They desire a good husband, and solid relationship first.

Charlie

IN Bejing theer are many prostitutes that earn a very good living. be carefull.
Page 31 of 56    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Marriage... How does a foreigner marry a chinese woman?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code