Menu
Marriage... How does a foreigner marry a chinese woman?
May 5, 2010 23:55
GUEST22096 GUESTMCAN.

DODGER is right. No law against marrying a pregnant woman in China. Though u have to check as most big cities hospital will ask for marriage certificate before they let couple deliver the baby. Apparently, the country tries to prevent and control unmarried pregnancy.
Jul 14, 2010 11:22
  • PAGEP

I am Pierre from Ottawa, Canada. I will be getting married in september 9, 2010 in Handan, Hebei, over 20 people will attend. I got my cetificate of single certify by Chinese Embassy and Foreign Affair in Ottawa, Also have my certificate of divorce.

Here my questions that i need answer:

1. How long does it take for my wife to come Canada ?

2. His it better to hire a immigration lawyer to get my wife in Canada?

3. How mush should i pay for a lawyer ?

4. Does my wife need money in the bank, need bank statement ?

5. Do i have to go Canadian Embassy in Beijing to make my married legal ?

Thanks in advance for you're help.

Pierre

Jul 18, 2010 04:57
GUESTELLA PAGEP, you 'd better inquire the immigration officials in US, your hometown for the detail requirements, not here in China. If they is going to list you with them, I mean, the requirements she must obtain from China , you can get them ready before leaving. Best wishes.
Aug 8, 2010 16:39
  • PAGEP
Thanks your reply, already been talking to a immigration.
Aug 10, 2010 18:58
GUEST51217 What are the laws governing marriage of a US citizen to a Chinese woman, AND the couple staying in china to live rather than returning to the US?
Aug 13, 2010 10:28
GUESTCOLIN Hi there!
I met a nice Chinese lady in Chengdu last February & intend to go there again. She says she is in love with me & it all looks OK. I was a bit worried when she asked for a consdierable amount of money for her daughter`s education but has since stated he aunt will now do that. I live in London & get by financially. Has anybody got any advice about Visas, legal requirements etc.? It`s a big step & wondered if anyone can help?
Aug 17, 2010 02:27
GUESTBAUL If you want to apply Chinese visa, you can use the Chinese Visa Appliation Service Center in London, it is very convenient. An one entry Tourist Visa is enough. here are the requiorements:

1. Original passport remaining to be valid for at least 6 months with a blank visa pages.

2. One completed and truly filled Visa Application Form of Peoples Republic of China with a recently-taken passport photo; if the applicant has a Chinese name, the Chinese name should be filled in.

The processing time is about 4 working days if you make an appointment online beforehand and prepare all needed documents.
Aug 18, 2010 23:15
  • NANCYMOON
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST51217

What are the laws governing marriage of a US citizen to a Chinese woman, AND the couple staying in china to live rather than returning to the US?

You are entitled to apply an tourist visa first, and exchange it to a longer stay resident visa valid for 1 or 2 years. If both of you live in China for 5 years and make sure not less than 9 months a year there, you can apply for a permanent resident permit. Rule is rule, but it is not surely you can get it anyway.
Aug 22, 2010 09:14
GUESTSTEVEN Hello, can anyone help out? I am trying to get my wife to be from China to here.She has passport, visa. But im agration said she needed $4,500.00 to travel is this true?

Steven
Aug 24, 2010 08:15
  • RANDYYING
Pierre has some good questions for Canadaguy. Where are you Canadaguy!
Page 33 of 56    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Marriage... How does a foreigner marry a chinese woman?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code