Menu
Are you a slave to your cell phone?
Nov 14, 2007 21:09
  • LOVEISVERB
Cellphone is my slave. :D
Nov 22, 2007 04:00
  • KEVIN0518
Every can be the slave of his or her cellphone. They also can let the cellphone to be his or her slave. Decision is made by yourselves.
Nov 25, 2007 19:43
  • SHESGOTTOBE
I have a landline at home and a work phone at my office desk. I have a cellphone. In America, I use 15 minutes a month. Yes, only 15 minutes, not hours. To me, it is just something for emergencies or if I get stuck in the middle of the road.

I used it the most when I was in China though. It must be contagious. ^_^"
Nov 25, 2007 21:56
  • ICEBERG
Quote: I have a cellphone. In America, I use 15 minutes a month. Yes, only 15 minutes, not hours.

SHESGOTTOBE, how can you connect with your friends or somebodies else? Through email? "It must be contagious? Perhaps, especially when you came to a country where many people use cellphone widely and crazily.
Nov 25, 2007 23:05
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Hi Iceberg!

Well, most of my friends are my officemates too so I see them everyday. No need to talk on the phone when I can just talk to them in person. ^_^"

My family uses email to communicate with me.

I also do not like using my cellphone when I am driving. That's dangerous, people!

Frankly, I am not the type who needs to call people once every 30 minutes. Wouldn't that be annoying? LOL Believe it or not, I know a Chinese guy who has a girlfriend who calls him almost every 15 minutes. I was like.... @_@
Nov 27, 2007 04:02
  • ICEBERG
Hi, SHESGOTTOBE.

That is good if you seldom use your cellphone for your sake. However, in China the situation is a little bit different. Those who work in companies have two circles---their colleagues and their friends. But sometimes the two intersect with each other (some of their colleagues are also their friends). They need cellphone to connect their friends and parents.

It seems that E-mail is more popular than cellphone in US. Am I right? Yes, using cellphone when driving is very dangerous. For your and your friends or other people's lives, do not use it.

BTW, I can understand that why his gal call him frequently since they are in love with each other. One of my friends once told me that he chatted with her gal till the cellphone exhausts its electricity. People who are in love are irrational and crazy.
Nov 27, 2007 16:00
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Hi Iceberg! A lot of people use cellphone in America too but mainly for calling family members and checking emails. I don’t know a lot who uses them for text messaging. Wait, in fact I don’t know anyone who uses them for text messaging here. I think mostly teenagers use them for text messaging here. Yes, email is quite popular.

Personally, I’d rather spend quality time and talk to the person I love in person instead of on the phone. My ears hurt already after talking on the phone for 15 minutes. But of course, for couples who can’t see each other, maybe talking on cellphone is the next best thing. ^_^”
Nov 27, 2007 20:49
  • ICEBERG
Hi, SHESGOTTOBE. In China, those young guys often use their cellphone to send short messages. At Chinese New Year's Eve, millions of messages are sent to their friends or parents. People seldom use cellphone to check their emails becasue the fee is too high. For me, I always use my cellphone to send messages, seldom make calls.
Nov 28, 2007 20:36
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Forgot to say. Instant Messaging is big in US. I do not know anyone who doesn't have a Yahoo!, AIM, or MSN Instant Messaging Accounts. We even use these at work.
Nov 28, 2007 20:44
  • ICEBERG
Well, MSN is also popular in China, especially in those foreign invested corporations. I also have a MSN account. For Yahoo!, it is not as popular as MSN. I guess you must have heard of QQ that is the most popular instant messaging tool in China. I do not know how many people in China use QQ. But one thing that I am sure is that even some seniors and parents use QQ to chat. Very unbelievable!
Page 3 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Are you a slave to your cell phone?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code