Menu
Are you a slave to your cell phone?
Nov 29, 2007 08:23
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Interesting... I haven't heard of QQ. Does it function exactly like Yahoo or MSN? Great to know that even seniors and parents use it. I use Yahoo! to chat with my mother, brothers and niece.

Ok, I searched on the net. Everything else is in Chinese except the info on wikipedia. But from what I know, you can't access wikipedia in China. Not sure though since I never tried to access it when I was in China. Here is the link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QQ
Nov 29, 2007 19:18
  • ICEBERG
Yes, SHESGOTTOBE. QQ functions like MSN. But they do have a difference. You see, most people use MSN to send or receive emails (I know that we also can use it to chat with our friends). While we usually use QQ for chatting though it has offered us Email function. And if your cellphone is equipped with QQ software, you also can use cellphone as your QQ to chat with your friends. BTW, I also have an Yahoo Messenger account. However, I seldom use it because my friends seldom use it too. Actually, here are many chatting tools or softwares, such as Skype, UC (It is invented by Sina portal and has the same function as QQ). While they are not as popular as QQ in China.

Quote: But from what I know, you can't access wikipedia in China. Not sure though since I never tried to access it when I was in China.

It is true that we can not access wikipedia in China and I do not know why. But I occasionally succeed in accessing. Some people say that you can access wikipedia in Hong Kong or Macau.
Nov 29, 2007 19:20
  • ICEBERG
Forgot to say, QQ also has its English edition and you can download it from its official website: www.qq.com.
Nov 30, 2007 14:32
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Thank you for the info, Iceberg! I'll check it out cause it is interesting. It's good to know more and more about China no matter how trivial it is.

People here use the same function that QQ have on your cellphones there. However, naturally, we use Yahoo, MSN and AIM. This way, I can get in touch with my family even if I am out on the road and they are on the other side of the world. I can access Yahoo Messenger on my cellphone but I don't remember downloading a software. Oh well, maybe I just forgot. ^_^"
Nov 30, 2007 20:23
  • ICEBERG
You are welcome! Glad to hear that you are interested in these trivials. BTW, what is AIM?
Dec 1, 2007 07:44
  • SHESGOTTOBE
AIM is AOL Instant Messenger. AOL means America On-Line. ^_^
Dec 3, 2007 04:50
GUESTDAVED The qq website is totally in Chinese. How do you find the English version if you don't read Chinese?
Dec 3, 2007 19:52
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Right. It's in Chinese. @_@
Dec 3, 2007 23:27
  • STELLA8455
I'm a salve to my cellphone, too. I don't wanna feel like I'm alone, or feel lonely. So whenever I have these feelings I take my cellphone out, and send a message or call somebody. Especially I call my boyfrinend so frequently. I don't know what is like in America, but we have a system two people who apply in advance can send message and call for cheaper price. So I contact my boyfriend frequently. This becomes a big problem if I imagine the situation after we break up. I had experienced these before. After broke up, I felt that I'm truly alone in the world. So I try not to call boyfriend that often, it's not easy. haha..
Page 4 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Are you a slave to your cell phone?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code