Menu
Kunming - Lijiang night bus
Jun 14, 2009 07:51
GUEST38135 hi, I am new to this site and traveling in China. I see that you have a listing of the times for the buses that leave, what internet site do you use? I am planning on going from Kunming to Lijiang on July 3.
Jun 21, 2009 23:39
  • ELLYSE
None, why? Not listed online.
Jun 24, 2009 00:45
GUEST10567 my lady friend and I are planning to to lijiang this coming end of october 2009. we're coming from singapore so we'll be flying to kunming first and we want to take a bus from there. below are my questions:

- are sleeper buses safe to take? even for two female travelers?
- are these comfortable?
- i heard stories of taxi drivers threatening and harassing people who would rather take a bus, does it actually happen?
- any bus company that you can recommend?
- do we have to book our bus ticket in advance if we are going there end of october?
are bus tickets usually sold out?

looking forward to your response, thanks!
Jun 24, 2009 10:19
  • ELLYSE
Yes, sleeper buses are fine to take.
They're moderately comfortable. Depending on whether you're spoilt Singaporeans.
Yes, it does somewhat happen but just ignore them.
No difference between bus companies... they're not different companies anyway.
Buy your bus ticket earlier on the day that you want to travel.
Aug 29, 2009 10:32
  • KSWONG
Coincidentally, we will be in Kunming on Oct 19 and taking buses (maybe train as well) all the way to Dali-Lijiang-Zhongdian-Deqin. We are a small group of friendly photographers frm KL-Spore. Let us know if you want to pool transport. Drop me a PM.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST10567 View Post

my lady friend and I are planning to to lijiang this coming end of october 2009. we're coming from singapore so we'll be flying to kunming first and we want to take a bus from there. below are my questions:

- are sleeper buses safe to take? even for two female travelers?
- are these comfortable?
- i heard stories of taxi drivers ...
Sep 11, 2009 10:15
GUESTKEVIN Hi
May I know where to get the ticket? can we buy the bus ticket online?

I am travelling from Lijiang to Kunming btw.

Thanks.

Kevin
Sep 11, 2009 20:18
  • ELLYSE
At the relevant bus stations, of course! No online ticketing system.
Sep 16, 2009 23:27
GUEST10567 hi ellyse,

my friend and I will arrive in Kunming on 4oct at 1pm and we plan to take a bus to lijiang. Can i ask which bus station do we go to get our bus? my chinese friend said that it might be confusing for us since there are quite a lot of buses and some taxi drivers might even harassed us into hiring them instead. You see, we can speak and understand chinese. Can i know the name and address of this bus station that you recommend so that we can just ask the taxi driver to bring us there directly? thanks a lot!
Sep 17, 2009 01:47
  • ELLYSE
There're a number of long-distance bus stations near Kunming main train station. Try the Nanyao long-distance bus station: 昆明南窑长途汽车站
Sep 19, 2009 06:09
GUEST42820 i read in some blogs that bus from kunming to lijiang takes 5-6hrs, some says 8 and there were some blogs that says 9hrs! which is which?????
Page 4 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Kunming - Lijiang night bus
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code