Menu
Are pretty girls often headless?
Dec 5, 2007 20:18
GUEST27112 that's a very interesting comment. Is it true though? I see many foreign guys with really pretty girlfriends and wives too. I know that in Japan and Korea a lot of local guys resent the foreigners taking "their" women.
Dec 6, 2007 21:00
  • FRANKENSTEIN
"They consider that foreign men are doing them (Chinese men in general) a favour by choosing the ugly women, or at least those considered ugly by Chinese men's preferences, the less traditional looking Chinese women. "

Maybe, Westerners and Easterners have different standards for beauty. Beauty is in the eyes of beholders.
Dec 10, 2007 09:29
  • CARLOS
Jabarootoo, that is correct.
When I was working at shipyard we had there nine exchange students from Namibia. All black as the night. Weekends we went to restaurant with them and there were about all girls around them. They always did choose the ugliest ones.
Well, they said they leave the ugliest ones to us, hehe.

Carlos
Dec 10, 2007 11:13
  • JCNILE123
Are the ugly ones the only smart ones?
I think that, what is wrong with “some” good looking people man and woman alike, is that they indulge on the self-cognition of a mirror reflection and the every day attention to their beauty.
Therefore, they disregard the beauty of their brains.

jcl
Dec 10, 2007 20:45
  • MOONDOLLARS
I think some girls who are just naturally pretty have been brought up the right way; therefore, some of them are incredibly down to earth.

There are pretty ones who were ugly before but became beautiful. These girls can either be stuck-up because now they are getting the looks or very humble because they know how it feels.

There are so many situations...

You know, we girls know this (maybe guys too!) When we don't dress up, guys don't look at us that much, but when we do, guys look.

It really disgusts me that all some girls have to do is dress or act a certain way and eyes will turn or guys will be all over them.

This is why I'm proud of the guy who look through all that.

- moondollars
faithvine.com
Dec 11, 2007 19:48
  • LEONARDO
Well, sometimes, it is true. Western men and Eastern men have a different notion of beauty, or to say, we are different in aesthetics. In the East, men prefer the kind of women who are slim and look innocent. In the west, the blond girls who are voluptuous are thought very attractive. Am I right about this? This is what I learned in my college years. In my university, there are many foreign exchange students. They liked to stay with the voluptuous girls.
Dec 18, 2007 19:42
  • ICEBLUE
The answer is no. Inner beauty can coexist with outer beauty. However, one of my teachers has ever made a statement: since beauty is an advantage, the good-looking girls are often unwilling to sit still to work hard: they want to do social exchange, because they will be envied. Otherwise, their beauty will be wasted.
Dec 19, 2007 20:51
  • MOONDOLLARS
ICEBLUE -

I'm sorry but I don't think that's true. Not all pretty girls can't sit still to study. I know plenty, PLENTY of girls who are beautiful but don't consider themselves beautiful and are very scholarly. Natalie Portman is a really good example.

Leonardo -

I've thought about this before and I think that what you say is true. Many Asian guys (the ones I know are Chinese and Taiwanese) like girls that are slim, long hair, pale skin, narrow face, big eyes....they look innocent. I think in East Asia, there is one standard of physical beauty but here in the U.S., there are many different standards probably because the U.S. is more diverse and people HAVE SEEN different kinds of beauty. It's not like that in countries that aren't as diverse as the U.S.

That's why you'll see that East Asian guys who are more interested and in tune with Western culture have a different way of looking at beauty. That's from personal experience.

- moondollars
Dec 19, 2007 21:22
  • LEONARDO
Moondollars,

Thank you for presenting the scenario in the USA! True, Eastern guys and western guys have different partialities.Easterners and westerners have different beauty standards. Well, my statement sounds a little bit generalized. We seem to only consider how eastern men and western men view women. Do eastern women and western women have the same standard for beauty? How about the criteria for " handsome men"? It might be the same. Western women prefer Schawazenegger. So do eastern women.
Dec 20, 2007 23:07
  • MOONDOLLARS
From what I've learned, women in general don't put looks as their first priority.

Women are more forgiving in terms of physical appearance towards the other sex. They tend to value the guy's money-making abilities, confidence exuded, etc.

Another interesting fact -- women tend to be attracted to guys with baby faces during their time of the month because they are seen to be more marriagable, dependable, etc.

Also, an experiment found if two people of different sexes stare at each other for a long time, they will tend to have more of a future than those who didn't. An experiment was done and the couple got married!

I took two very interesting communication classes called nonverbal and lying and deception, so....that's where I got this info from. I'm not a crazy person who searches for random info -- not that you thought that in the first place....

- moondollars
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Are pretty girls often headless?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code