Menu
Make me clear,its a headache for me
Jul 20, 2008 01:27
  • APAULT
I have a slightly different emphasis from the Baron. Legally it is always the traveller's responsibility to obtain visas. However, your company should provoide all the paperwork so that you have little to do but fill out the application and submit yr photos and passport. Definitely get the Z visa before leaving. Some of us don't do that but we are not in your situation of having a company send us.
Jul 21, 2008 10:53
  • BARONTWANGLE
The reason I said his company should do everything for him is because he is an existing employee and they are transferring him to China. If it was a new company, then I would agree that he should do most of the application, but if I was working for a company and they wanted to transfer me overseas, and then told me I had to sort out my own visa - I would tell them where to stick their transfer. This guy has a family too, so I would expect them to arrange all visas. Oh, and while we're on the topic, make sure they pay you a decent relocation fee - I think it is mandatory under French law (as it is in the UK).
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Make me clear,its a headache for me
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code