Menu
going to shantou (pls guide me!)
Apr 6, 2011 00:18
  • CINYAO
Hi.. all in this forum.

I am from Indonesia. This middle year around August, I want to travel to Shantou. As I have ever visitted before but taking direct flight from GZ Airport - Shantou airport. My questions are:

I am along with group (4 people) want to go to Shenzhen, Guangzhou and Shantou.
Which route is the best and flexible to switch a transport mode?

My plan is JKT to SZ, SZ to Shantou then Shantou to Guangzhou.

1. Shenzhen to Shantou is by bus, is this ok? Fast? Where to buy the ticket?
2. Shantou to Guangzhou (back to my country), best using train/ bus? Which one faster and comfortable? Thanks.. If by bus, where to buy bus ticket in Shantou?
Last edited by CINYAO: Apr 6, 2011 00:19
Apr 6, 2011 01:28
GUEST1684 You may take D trains from Shenzhen to Guangzhou first and then take trains to Shantou.

Guangzhou to Shantou: T8357/8360 T8361/8364

Shenzhen Train Schedule:
http://www.travelchinaguide.com/china-trains/shenzhen-schedule.htm
Apr 6, 2011 01:43
  • CINYAO
Hi.. GUEST1684,

As Shenzhen to GZ is about 1 hour. GZ to Shantou takes train seemed will about 8h23m. I saw in http://www.chinatrainguide.com/guangzhou-railway-station/shantou.html

Bus is faster right? If taking bus from GZ to Shantou.
Jun 6, 2011 08:44
GUEST09206 Hi

I wanna go to Shantou in Oct but is flying from Malaysia to HK (return) and have a single-entry visa to China. I want to cover Macau (no visa needed) & Shenzhen as well. May I know which is the better or more economical way to get to Shantou - is it from Shenzhen? My trip starts from the Oct 4th and flies back fr HK Oct 18th - should I be in Shantou during the double 10th celebrations instead of at Shenzhen??

Appreciate yr feedback.
Jun 7, 2011 01:20
GUEST8564
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST09206 View Post

Hi

I wanna go to Shantou in Oct but is flying from Malaysia to HK (return) and have a single-entry visa to China. I want to cover Macau (no visa needed) & Shenzhen as well. May I know which is the better or more economical way to get to Shantou - is it from Shenzhen? My trip starts from the Oct 4th and flies back fr HK Oct...

If you want to cover Macau, you may set your itinerary in this way: Hong Kong - Macau -Shantou. From Macau to Shantou, you can take the bus at Gongbei Bus Station(拱北车站) after you cross the Gongbei Border. It takes around 5 hours. The distance is 580 kilometers.
Jul 15, 2011 14:24
GUEST33139 Hi, I am planning to fly to Hong Kong airport and go to Shantou.

Is that more convenient to take a bus or train from Hong Kong to Shantou? Please kindly advise the travel time as well. Many thanks! Kenny
Jul 15, 2011 21:37
GUESTDAVE
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST33139

Hi, I am planning to fly to Hong Kong airport and go to Shantou.<br />
<br />
Is that more convenient to take a bus or train from Hong Kong to Shantou? Please kindly advise the travel time as well. Many thanks! Kenny

There are direct buses from Hong Kong to Shantou. See here : http://www.travelchinaguide.com/cityguides/hongkong/transportation/airport-transfer.htm
Or you could go to Luohu border and then take a bus from Luohu Bus Station (shenzhen side) to Shantou.
Sep 9, 2011 06:46
GUESTKPSINGH how to go yiwu to shantou
Sep 9, 2011 20:37
GUEST7518
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTKPSINGH

how to go yiwu to shantou

You need to take train to Ji'an (吉安) and then take train to Shantou (汕头).

Train schedule:
http://www.travelchinaguide.com/china-trains/
Nov 2, 2011 01:31
GUEST34108 I will do business in Shantou, need to also do a border cross for my visa? What is easiest/closest border crossing from Shantou out of China?
Page 5 of 7    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: going to shantou (pls guide me!)
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code