Menu
Buses between shanghai and tangkou/huangshan scenic spot
May 11, 2011 04:04
  • BL2022
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST48977 View Post

Hi Ellyse,

Please help me with some questions. I will go to Mt. Haungshan on May 18-19. I'll stay at Tunxi. My question is What is the fastest way going from Tunxi to Shanghai? Is it possible that i leave tunxi around 2 Pm. and arrive Shanghai before 7.00-8.00 PM. If yes where should I contact that transportation?
Thank you in Advanc...

It takes about 6.5 hours from Tunxi to Shanghai.
I know there is one departing at 1500 from Tunxi Bus Station to Shanghai. You may consult the staff there to see if there is one at 1400 when you were there. Tunxi is not big and there is a great chance your hotel is close to the bus station.
Jun 27, 2011 10:49
  • SIMAN
hi ellyse,

i will go to huangshan on september, will stay one night at top of the mountain. going up via taiping cable car and and I will hiking the West Sea Canyon. is the west sea canyon is a extreme route/dangerous route to hike?? how many time it will take to hike west sea canyon?

do i need to book a dorm room at hotel on the top (baiyun/beihai/paiyunlou) in advance? the next day i will going down via yuping cable car.

Jun 27, 2011 20:30
  • BL2022
Quote:

Originally Posted by SIMAN View Post

hi ellyse,

i will go to huangshan on september, will stay one night at top of the mountain. going up via taiping cable car and and I will hiking the West Sea Canyon. is the west sea canyon is a extreme route/dangerous route to hike?? how many time it will take to hike west sea canyon?

do i...

I think west sea canyon is not that dangerous. Just make sure you know the way and won't get lost. Usually, the hiking needs about 6-8 hours. When in september will you go? If it is a high seasone, you'd better book a dorm in advance.
Jun 27, 2011 20:37
GUEST6834 Well, some people may just need 5-6 hours to tour the west sea canyon. As Bl2022 said, it is not that dangerous. It will be ok to pass through the plank road if you do not suffer from acrophobia. Have a nice trip.
Jun 28, 2011 09:12
  • SIMAN
Quote:

Originally Posted by BL2022

I think west sea canyon is not that dangerous. Just make sure you know the way and won't get lost. Usually, the hiking needs about 6-8 hours. When in september will you go? If it is a high seasone, you'd better book a dorm in advance.

thanks BL2022 for your advise.
i will arrive at tunxi on september 1st, stay one night at tunxi. then september 2nd hike up to huangshan. according your explanation so i need to start in early morning to go to taiping cable car and hiking west sea canyon, because it need 6-8 hours before it get dark?
can you tell me how to book a dorm at the top ?? baiyun or paiyunlou or beihai is the nearest from my hiking west sea canyon route??
Jun 28, 2011 09:18
  • SIMAN
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST6834

Well, some people may just need 5-6 hours to tour the west sea canyon. As Bl2022 said, it is not that dangerous. It will be ok to pass through the plank road if you do not suffer from acrophobia. Have a nice trip.

thanks guest6834 for your support :)
Jun 28, 2011 20:33
  • BL2022
Taiping cable can take you to the Entrance of the West Sea Canyon.
For the hotels, West Sea Hotel(Tel:+86-559-5562132), Paiyunlou Hotel and Baiyun Hotel are all close. I don't recommend Beihai. Sorry that I only know the tel of West Sea Hotel. Maybe you could get some info from this web: http://www.tourmart.cn/english/default.htm

The Paiyunlou hotel is much cheaper than the other two, for it has dorms other than rooms.
Jun 30, 2011 08:04
  • SIMAN
Quote:

Originally Posted by BL2022 View Post

Taiping cable can take you to the Entrance of the West Sea Canyon.
For the hotels, West Sea Hotel(Tel:+86-559-5562132), Paiyunlou Hotel and Baiyun Hotel are all close. I don't recommend Beihai. Sorry that I only know the tel of West Sea Hotel. Maybe you could get some info from this web: http://www.tourmart.cn/english/default.htm [huanha...

thank you BL2022 :)

regards,

Siman
Jul 21, 2011 04:33
GUESTDANSIL3 Hello,
how to get from airport Tunxi to Tangkou? From the airport I go to the long distance bus station and from there to Tangkou? And from Tangkou to Yuping? Do you know their schedules? Thanks
D
Jul 21, 2011 04:55
GUEST5114
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTDANSIL3

Hello,
how to get from airport Tunxi to Tangkou? From the airport I go to the long distance bus station and from there to Tangkou? And from Tangkou to Yuping? Do you know their schedules? Thanks
D

Taxi: around CNY 150 from the airport to Tangkou.

Or you need to take a taxi to Huangshan Long Distance Bus Station (around CNY 15-25) and then take regular bus to Tangkou. The regular bus leaves around every 20 minutes and costs around CNY 15.
Page 6 of 11    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Buses between shanghai and tangkou/huangshan scenic spot
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code