Menu
Buses between shanghai and tangkou/huangshan scenic spot
Nov 2, 2011 01:52
GUESTJEROME Thanks for your help. I had heard there was a train, but the schedule I normally rely on "chinatravelguide" website did not list that train. But "travelchinaguide" website (a different one) does have that train. Hope it still exists.

Ideally I would like to be at the mountain for friday night. But if the bus I mentioned doesn't exist (?), then this train (if it still runs) will be great.
Thanks

Nov 2, 2011 01:58
GUEST2458 I didn't know about this bus. I checked that the last bus from Shanghai South Long Distance Bus Station leaves at 14:25 and finally arrives at Huangshan Tourist Center.
Nov 3, 2011 01:10
GUEST34169 Hey, still waiting for some help here. afraid to travel this route without someone looking at it!

Really hoping someone from the group can say what they think!
Nov 3, 2011 01:31
GUEST34169 hi!

Do you have any suggestions/reccomandations for our plan? We have never been to china before..

23rd december: Early bus from Shanghai south bus station to tunxi, stay the night in Tunxi.

24th december: Early bus from tunxi to tangkou - leave our luggage at tunxi bus station. Quickly onward from tangkou with bus. Then we take the bus so we take the 6-8 hour west route up to the top of the mountain. (then we take the bus from tangkou to where?)

We plan to sleep on top of the mountain in some of the hotels 24-25 dec, do we need to reserve in advance?

25th december: See the sunrise, take a nice walk down the mountain - take the bus to tunxi where we get our luggage and bus directly on to the next town and new adventures...
Then go to tunxi for a night - then use 3-4 days travelin to xidi and hongcun; any experiences with these towns? Other things we must see before we go to shanghai for newyears?

What do you think? Thanks alot
Feb 21, 2012 15:23
GUEST94192 Hi, we are going to Huangshan in March but due to our itinerary only have one day there, so I'd like to make the most of it.

We arrive by plane to Huanghshan airport at 10pm at night. I have a few questions:
1. Should we stay at Tunxi or try to make a taxi trip to Tangkou at that time? Ideally we would like to stay overnight in Tangkou and get there as soon as it opens, but not sure how easy it will be to get a taxi late at night, and how much it will cost.

2. If we stayed in Tunxi what time do the first buses to Tangkou leave? Are there more buses outside Huangshan bus station or train station? Is there anywhere to find out the bus timetable?

3. What time does Huangshan open?

4. We will need to catch a train from Huangshan to Shanghai at 10pm. When is the last bus from Tangkou to Tunxi?

Thanks a lot for your help!
Mar 14, 2012 09:23
GUESTTHANAWIT how to book hotel on top of mt huangshan. I will go to huangshan from hangzhou,I will arrive at tangkou about noon,is these any luggage storage at huangshan tangkou station. or these is luggage storage at tunxi station sothat I can leave excess luggage and pick up when I go down from mt.huangshan.
Mar 15, 2012 02:04
GUEST52323
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTTHANAWIT

how to book hotel on top of mt huangshan. I will go to huangshan from hangzhou,I will arrive at tangkou about noon,is these any luggage storage at huangshan tangkou station. or these is luggage storage at tunxi station sothat I can leave excess luggage and pick up when I go down from mt.huangshan.

Check this page to see if you can book hotel on Huangshan.
http://www.travelchinaguide.com/hotel/huangshan-hotels.htm

To enter the Huangshan Scenic Area, you have to transfer at Zhaixi Transfer Station. There you can deposit your luggage. Each luggage costs about 5 yuan.
Aug 5, 2012 07:51
GUEST69198 Hi, I am plannig visit Huangshan on 19 August and 22 August go back to Shanghai. Can you write me what time in the afternoon go busses and trains to Shanghai and what time we will be there? Is it ok make a bus or train reservation for back travel 19 August? Isn´t it too late? Thank you.
Aug 6, 2012 01:06
GUEST483289
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST69198

Hi, I am plannig visit Huangshan on 19 August and 22 August go back to Shanghai. Can you write me what time in the afternoon go busses and trains to Shanghai and what time we will be there? Is it ok make a bus or train reservation for back travel 19 August? Isn´t it too late? Thank you.

There are two trains from Huangshan to Shanghai. One departs at 20:45 and arrives at 08:35. The other one leaves at 22:06 and arrives at 10:33.

Train tickets are sold 10 days in advance in China. You can choose proper time to buy your return ticket in advance.
Aug 25, 2012 04:27
GUESTNAVNEET Hi,
Looking at this thread, can certainly say that you guys are of a great help to first time visitors.
I am planning to visit Mt Huangshan during 30 Aug - 1 Sep with my wife, I will start from Shanghai on 29th night for Tunxi by Train and to visit Ancient Street, Xidi and Hongcun on 30 Aug. I was planning to start hiking up via eastern steps on 31 Aug and to stay overnight at BeiHai Hotel and to hike down via western steps on 1 Sep after watching Sunrise.
But after reading your suggestions I feel I should take Taiping cable car and visit West Canyon Sea.
Do you suggest any changes to our plan, I read that you dont recommend BeiHai hotel, should I cancel my bookings and book some other hotel? Also are there any other must visit spots, I heard Fairy Bridge and thousand feet waterfall are must.
Thanks
Page 9 of 11    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Buses between shanghai and tangkou/huangshan scenic spot
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code