Menu
Swine Flu
Jul 10, 2009 22:30
  • GARYKINKADE
IMO...a person should read all they possibly can on the subject thru the internet.

The good, bad and ugly of it all and then decide whether they or their
children should receive the vaccination. (if they have a choice)

Right now in the U.S., it will possible be mandatory for the public school system
but am not sure if that is a 100% correct statement.

There have been some scary stories on this swine flu ( excuse me, AH1N1)
and how much of it is B.S. remains to be seen. (probably seen too late)
Jul 11, 2009 19:17
  • DODGER
If we make comparisons with the present outbreak of Swine flue to the Influenza epidemic of 1918, which was responsible for an estimated death toll of somewhere between 20 and 40 million people it almost pails into insignificants.
There is a vaccine available, and governments around the world have processes in place, unlike 1918.
I might also add that if you included all of the death caused by dictators during the last century and throw in the daily carnage on the roads just for good measure it would put this into a better perspective..
I will now leave the soapbox for someone else.
Dodger.
Jul 16, 2009 22:11
GUEST47198 I do think this concern over flu is a bit over the top. I feel the flu scare comes often. We have had Bird flu now pig,sars as well!!!
Jul 19, 2009 05:22
Touch wood I have so far avoided catching it despite being in contact with a few people who have it, those who should worry are already suffering other illness such as heart problems etc.
I include myself as being at risk because I have heart and kidney problems so I need to be really careful.

Alan
Dec 10, 2009 22:24
GUESTAMMY STOP calling it swine flu; it is H1N1 - which century are you living in?
Page 3 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Swine Flu
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code