Menu
Shangri La/Xian ge li la
Mar 2, 2005 09:06
  • MERMAID
Nothing is real except God and ur imagination.

U will be much more pleased and contented if u regard Shangri La just a wonderful part of nature instead of xanadu.
Mar 2, 2005 10:02
  • MERMAID
I dont kno why the butterfly of the fairy tale exist at all but whatever is reasonable is true, and whatever is true is reasonable.
There are numerous Shangri La in the mountains in Yunnan and Sichuan.
Just ask your students if anyone of them has ever been to Shangri La.
Mar 2, 2005 15:24
  • AIQIU222
Hi Mermaid,

I was being a little bit tongue in cheek with my last few posts, I'm not really on a quest. It's a british thing I think.

But your right,its best to take things as they come, I expect to see lots of beautiful sights whilst I am in the West and I expect everyone has their own Shangri La.

I am interested in Deqing though if there is a lack of tourists there. Perhaps I should do the journey and turn around before I get to the city.

I have to say, I agree with the imagination being real (as interesting an oxymoron as it is) but I'm not sure about God (although I'm open to proof or persuasion) and reason and truth. I'm going to have to think about the reason and truth one. An interesting concept.

Elcabron, if you're still participating- anymore news about butterflies? ;-)
Mar 2, 2005 17:01
  • ELCABRON
Hello to both of you!

Well, the story took strange directions - now we are talking about if we all exist, if God really exist.....
mermaid is always on a crusade for God:-)

maybe we are in the Twilight Zone, now ;-))))

Anyway I just meant that you should not go to all the places the Chinese Torism Office recommends, because they have other interests....
They make a Disney Land out of everything, it is only about money.
I? sure Deqinq is a nice place, but just because they try to make money out of the idealism of Shangri-La - which is supposed to be the perfect place, the Utopia - that just can not be reached in reality, they should keep their feet on the ground!
Shangri-La is much more than a nice countryside with a monastery.....
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Shangri La/Xian ge li la
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code