Menu
Eat Healthily in China
Apr 12, 2011 22:08
  • LINGYUXISU
Quote:

Originally Posted by XIAMENHOSTEL View Post

Great tips!
After living here almost nine years, I find it is not easy to eat healthy in China if you eat outside (too much oil, salt, MSG), but it is easy to, if you cook at home. Many fresh veggies at the local markets, esp. here in Xiamen, I live next to the biggest open air food market in China (Kaihe road market). Lingyuxisu, if you make i...

Yeah, they really put too much MSG. I was once addicted to the rice noodles cooked by the 'Wei's Cold Noodle' (very famous in Xian). It was really delicious. But after I found that they put a full scoop of MSG in it, I gave it up.
Apr 12, 2011 22:13
  • LINGYUXISU
Quote:

Originally Posted by ATTA_BUTT View Post

Dahi wale chawal Recipe

Ingredients :
Rice (basmati) 1 cup
Milk 1 glass
Ginger (chopped) 50 gms
Coriander greens as required
Green chillies 2-3
Curd 500 gms
Mustard seeds 2 tbsps
Groundnuts 2 tbsps
Curry leaves as required
Salt to taste
Method :
Put pan on stove and boil rice after cleaning a...

Thanks, atta, for putting the recipe here. Although it seems not what I have referred, I will give it a try. Also, I’ll ask my friend to see if she had the pic of the food I originally meant.
Apr 13, 2011 11:52
  • ATTA_BUTT
yeah that's good if we found picture!
Apr 15, 2011 01:23
Shallot mixed with tofu was the traditional dishes in China, especially in summer, which tasted very delicious. This style is unscientific
Apr 15, 2011 02:06
  • LINGYUXISU
Quote:

Originally Posted by TOWNCARSEATTLE

Shallot mixed with tofu was the traditional dishes in China, especially in summer, which tasted very delicious. This style is unscientific

Yeah, it may cause gall-stone. Maybe you could mix tofu with tender leaves of chinese toon . It tastes more delicious.
Apr 15, 2011 04:50
  • ATTA_BUTT
Quote:

Originally Posted by TOWNCARSEATTLE

"Shallot mixed with tofu was the traditional dishes in China" means now these dishes are not available. is it? what do you means by "was"
Apr 18, 2011 04:25
  • RAINDROP
I ate shallot mixed with tofu several times. Honestly, I didn't like it very much. Personally, I like Mo Po Tofu a lot. It tasted very good.
Page 3 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Eat Healthily in China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code