Menu
How much do you spend per day on meals during traveling?
Aug 12, 2012 06:52
  • APAULT
During 5 years travelling in China I have averaged 180 rmb per day for food, accommodation and travel. That includes buying meals for young friends when I visit them. I wouldn not know how to spend $200 a day on food...absolutely absurd!!
Aug 12, 2012 22:07
Quote:

Originally Posted by APAULT

During 5 years travelling in China I have averaged 180 rmb per day for food, accommodation and travel. That includes buying meals for young friends when I visit them. I wouldn not know how to spend 47453300 a day on food...absolutely absurd!!

Paul,

Many budget travelers like us spend less than those who join luxurious tours. You must have heard that rich Chinese travelers sweep top brands shops abroad, right? You can imagine how much they spend per day.
Aug 13, 2012 17:14
  • MIKESTICE
I live off of the local economy... therefore, I eat cheaply every day. Also, I eat only 1 or 2 meals daily... To get fresh fruit and haggle price then go to a small restaurant later for rice, eggs vegetables and tea or a beer... that is the life.
Aug 13, 2012 17:21
  • MIKESTICE
Absurd is the word to eat for $200.00 per day. When I was in Turkey and Greece I ate where the natives ate pr stopped at markets to obtain fresh produce. I am not a vegetarian but what really could be cheaper than eating what you can take from a skewer with a bit of meat at huoguo...? All places are the same. You must actively look, observe and mimic what the natives do or you could spend a small fortune... That is called tourism. I lived for 16 years near Kissimee, Fl. If you do not follow the natives there... you will spend everything you earned...
Page 3 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How much do you spend per day on meals during traveling?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code