Menu
A panda scared away by a dog!
Jan 23, 2013 00:44
  • JIMMYB
Marrie,

Fake things are everywhere. It depends on how you select the real from the fake. I like Weibo (twitter in China) because I can read first-hand news. Some are true and some are false. However, the censorship system is getting serious. What a pity!
Jan 23, 2013 21:40
  • MARRIE
Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMMYB

Marrie,

Fake things are everywhere. It depends on how you select the real from the fake. I like Weibo (twitter in China) because I can read first-hand news. Some are true and some are false. However, the censorship system is getting serious. What a pity!

Jimmy, I remember Dodger in this forum say only sports news is real or objective, which I quite agree with.

I surf without any hindrance and i filter by myself...kids who grow up in a non censorship society can become a pillar , while kids in a censorship world can be a criminal once being unleashed in a free world...Jimmy, can u figure out how it could be?

Jan 24, 2013 00:04
  • JIMMYB
"kids who grow up in a non censorship society can become a pillar , while kids in a censorship world can be a criminal once being unleashed in a free world...Jimmy, can u figure out how it could be?"

kids who grow up in a non censorship society can become drug users, bullies, rapists and killers too.

I read both Chinese and foreign reports though it is difficult to cross the 'wall' to read these materials. I am happy that some western medium can report objectively but some of them have deep-rooted prejudice against China.

Jan 24, 2013 19:10
  • SWANSEA
Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMMYB View Post

kids who grow up in a non censorship society can become drug users, bullies, rapists and killers too.

I read both Chinese and foreign reports though it is difficult to cross the 'wall' to read these materials. I am happy that some western medium can report objectively but some of them have deep-rooted prejudice against China...

Jimmy, it's true. Drug users, bullies,rapists and killers exist in both cersorship and non censorship society. So what is the difference that censorship makes?
The bad genes are from parents,aren't they?
Jan 29, 2013 01:46
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by SWANSEA

Jimmy, it's true. Drug users, bullies,rapists and killers exist in both cersorship and non censorship society. So what is the difference that censorship makes?
The bad genes are from parents,aren't they?

The censorship is everywhere in every country in the world. Did you watch Enemy of the State? If THEY want to know everything about you, THEY can do it easily.
Jan 29, 2013 22:33
  • MARRIE
Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMMYB

The censorship is everywhere in every country in the world. Did you watch Enemy of the State? If THEY want to know everything about you, THEY can do it easily.

True,Jimmy. Everything including cyber activity is under government radar...words on cyber should be scrutinize d b4 uttering, activities on cyber now can be tracked down to activities behind the scene in real life, recently it is said that it is being considered to be written into law that photo not allowed to be posted without owners permission...if its harmful, website can be taken down at any time...no matter whether in China or western world, everybody is under radar...

I used to read, giant IT kingdom, India, is developing a nationwide system, ie, every single activity including virtual behaviour will be coded thru one Id assigned to each resident...
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: A panda scared away by a dog!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code