Yangtze cruise

Written by Apr 9, 2004 15:04
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

Hi,

I took an one week cruise on the river in Sep, 2002. It is a real life-experience.

I had a wonderful trip on the Yangtze River. You know, the river water will be lifted much high when the Three Gorges Dam is completed. So it is the last minute to enjoy the original charm of the gorges. I flighted from Beijing to Chongqing, then take Regal China downstream to Wuhan, one day in Wuhan before I took train back to Beijing.

I flighted from Beijing to Chongqing for two hours and the tour took me around the mountain city. Hot snacks asind the street downtown astonished me that people in Shichuan can eat so hot food!! I drank one bottle of water to release myself!! But I am sure I will eat that again next time.

The yangtze is amazing gorges scenery and a boat trip to the Shennong Stream is the highlight. We took a "pea boat", a wooden boat in shape of a pea, along this limpid and green stream. The scene of Tracking impressed me so much. Trackers pulled the boat by a bamboo rope (a rope made of bamboo strips) where the water is low. They are all local Tujia People. The stream with verdant peaks on each side like a paradise. But what is more unforgetable is the people. They are all warm and lovely. I have taken many photos.

Stay in Chongqing and Wuhan is very short. But I still had time to find local snack to feast myself. Like many cities in China, they are undertaking a transformation from the old, ancient to the new and modern.

The trip will never be unforgettable if I had not met so many friends and people during my trips. I have a good time with cruise crew, who are at the same as my age. I also had pleasant chat with people. We share trip experience, story and jokes. I am a editor in the office, so I seldom have chances to meet many people.

I am working on my travelogue and photos at home. Maybe two or three weeks I will share them with you.

I paste a joke for you.

MENTAL HOSPITAL

Jim and Mary were both patients in a Mental Hospital. One day while they were walking past the hospital swimming pool, Jim suddenly jumped into the deep end.He sunk to the bottom and stayed there.Mary promptly jumped in to save him. She swam to the bottom and pulled Jim out. When the medical director became aware of Mary's heroic act he immediately ordered her to be discharged from the hospital, as he now considered her to be mentally stable. When he went to tell Mary the news he said, "Mary, I have good news and bad news. The good news is you're being discharged because since you were able to jump in and save the life of another patient, I think you've regained your senses. The bad news is, Jim, the patient you saved, hung himself with his bathrobe belt in thebathroom. I am so sorry, but he's dead."

Mary replied "He didn't hang himself, I put him there to dry."

More Yichang Travel Reviews
Comments (0)

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.