My traveling experience of Mutianyu

Written by Mr. PAN Jun 16, 2010 22:12
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

Went to MTY great wall a couple of days ago (15/6/10) and would like to share my traveling experience! How i got there Initial plan was to take #936 but figured it would take too long, counting the no. of stops and freq of bus, according to www.bjbus.com (there's an english version). So i ended up taking #916快('kuai' or fast) from DongZhiMen subway station, just follow the signs and it will lead you to the bus terminal! Upon reaching the bus terminal u will see a macdonalds as well as alot of other buses - just look for 916快. the good thing about this compared to 936 is that the freq of the bus is approx every 5mins, so even though the queue for this bus is long, the line moves rather quickly. In addition, the bus only loads to the maximum seating capacity from the terminal, which means a seat is guaranteed! Journey takes approx 1.5-2hrs, cost is 12RMB if i did not recall wrongly (i suggest you buy an 'yitongka' or travel card from any subway station. cost is 20RMB whatever amt u wish to top up, any unused amt can also be refunded along w the deposit, makes traveling in BJ easier) Alight at stop 33 (怀柔北大街 'huai rou bei da jie' - there is a route board on the bus as well as annoucements) and then change to a private mini bus lined along the street. there will be a few of them around so rem to bargain. I went alone and got one for 35 RMB. from here its 18km to the entrance of MYT. the mini bus will alight u near the MTY entrance (for mine) and after a short 5-10min walk, u will be greeted by a SUBWAY sandwich logo and u know u are there! descending MTY - can try the toboggan slide at 50RMB, was quite fun! returning to BJ city - can take 936 from the carpark but again it leaves on the hour so for time conscious travelers, i suggest u take the mini bus back again. This time i got the ride for only 10RMB. The mini bus will alight you at a random (dont worry) bus stop that has 916快, so u can take the bus to Dongzhimen. feel free to ask me:)

More Great Wall Travel Reviews
1. Just back from Badaling Great Wall! MATT from SG Jun 11, 2010 05:26
2. The Fading Great Wall - Datong Desheng Old Fort FOX from China Jun 5, 2010 22:44
3. Hiking from Jinshanling to Simatai LEMON_TREE from Italy May 29, 2010 23:01
Comments (0)

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.