Bus919 

Written by Aug 12, 2010 04:11
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

The trip to Badaling as whole was great except for the experiences of finding out the right bus919, so I want to share them with you guys who plan to go there; hope that it will help you to some extent. Been told that the most convenient and cheapest way to get to the Badaling Great Wall was by bus919 at Deshengmen, my friend and I then decided to take this bus919. But after arriving at Deshengmen, we got so confused and almost got fooled.

First, after we got out of the Jishuitan Subway Station and walked to Deshengmen, we already met many buses919 along the roadside. We were told by one of the drivers that the bus was right heading to the Great Wall. Also, he could offer a discount if we bought round-trip tickets. Since it was close to Deshengmen where we were told to take the bus, we kept walking to see if there were any other buses919. (It turned out that these buses did not go to Badaling. They were heading for another section of wild Great Wall). 

Wrong Bus919
Real Bus919 Station

Indeed we found more buses919 around Deshengmen. But we also noticed that it was 919-6 and the destination was Changping. Then we asked a middle-aged male for help ad were told that the road to Badaling was under transportation control and the bus919 to Badaling were canceled temporarily. The buses919-6 were going to Changping, which was in opposite direction from Badaling. (You'll think that the person must be very kind-hearted when hearing about this) The only way left for us was taking a sightseeing bus which went to Badaling by another way. Hearing about that and seeing no bus919 to Badaling, my friend and I then decided to take the advice. The man was even kind enough to take us to where the bus stopped. Then came the problem. The so-called sightseeing bus was so shabby and small and it altogether passed by 12 attraction sites. What was more important, it cost us rmb180. Feeling that something was going wrong, I immediately called another Chinese friend who once went to Badaling and told that those were privately owned buses and we must not take them. Otherwise we would 100 percent got fooled. The real buses919 to Badaling were right at Deshengmen. Get shocked and angry, I really wanted to do something but only left without doing anything.

Keeping looking for the right bus919, we also encountered bus919-3. There we were told by another person that the bus919 to Badaling would take three hours and we'd better take one of those sightseeing buses which only took about one hour. Already learnt something from the previous man, we quickly passed by him and kept searching. Finally, we found the right bus919 to Badaling at back of the Watcher Tower where so many people were queuing up to get on. Luckily, it did not take us too much time and we only paid rmb4.8/one by the Beijing transportation card. Also, it took about 80 minutes to get to the Badaling.

This is where you take the right bus919

So remember to take the right bus919 at back of the watcher-tower of Deshengmen and DO NOT believe those 'kind-hearted'  men there.

More Beijing Travel Reviews
1. A Visit to Mutianyu Great Wall SHEPHERD from Afghanistan Aug 5, 2010 01:50
2. I Went To Beijing SUNNYDAY from Finland Jul 29, 2010 04:23
3. Great juice in Beijing AMANDA T. from USA Jul 13, 2010 22:51
Comments (5)

Oct 31, 2012 20:08 Reply

Mr.6667 said:

You can take subway line 2 to get off at Jishuitan Station. Then get out at Exit A and then walk toward east along the 2nd Ring road to Deshengmen Watch Tower. Remember that there are some people who may stop you and ask you to take their buses to Badaling. They also claim that their buses are No. 919. Don't be fooled. Just leave them alone and walk 1 or 2 minutes to reach the real No.919 bus station. The bus fare is CNY 12.

Except No.919, there is No. 877 non-stop bus which can bring you from Deshengmen to Badaling. The ticket is also CNY 12. Be careful with the tour guides on the bus. He/she will do his/her best to persuade you to use the pulley to get to the top of the Badaling Great Wall. If you want to climb the great wall on your own, don't follow her to buy the pulley tickets. Just walk around 20 meters from the bus stop to the entrance and buy the ticket to climb the great wall.

Oct 31, 2012 20:10
Mr.6667 replied:

Yes, there are return buses from Badaling to Deshengmen. Just allocate your time reasonably on the great wall. If you get down a bit late, you will queue up for a long time and have no seats on the bus.

Oct 31, 2012 08:24 Reply

Mr.SUTARNO from indonesia said:

I am planning to Badaling Great Wall by bus 919... Could someone help me ? which subway line to Jishuitan station ? and after arrive at Jishuitan subway station, which exit and direction to Deshengmen ? Or from the exit subway , which way direction is the WATCHER TOWER that sell the bus ticket ? And is there also buses return to Deshengmen ? btw , I am visiting Beijing on 14-18 Nov 2012 , thanks.

Mar 10, 2011 00:25 Reply

Ms.DOFR said:

Dear Bruce, Thank you for your reply.

Mar 8, 2011 02:18 Reply

Ms.DOFR said:

Thanks Bruce for the valuable info. May I know how to purchase the train ticket and how much from the T2 to Dongzhimen and how long is the journey? Can I purchase the transport card when I am at T2 ?

Mar 9, 2011 19:20
Mr.BRUCE from China replied:

You can just buy the ticket at the train station of T2 on your arrival. The ticket fare is CNY25 per person. It takes about 20 minutes from T2 to Dongzhimen. You may buy the transportation card at the train station.

Mar 6, 2011 00:49 Reply

Ms.DOFR said:

Am I correct that if I arrive at Beijing Capital Airport to go to my hostel call Beijing Leo Courtyard located at Shanxi Xiang just behind Qianmen ,I take a subway train at Terminal 2 and stop at Dongzhimen substation and take Line 2 to Jianguomen which is 3 stops away and interchange to Line 1 and stop at Tiananmen West subway station and walk to my hostel ? Can someone enlighten me and thank you. Is it very far to walk from Qianmen to my hostel or should I get a taxi to my hostel?

Mar 7, 2011 20:42
Mr.BRUCE from China replied:

You may take airport express train from T2 to Dongzhimen, transfer to Beijing subway line 2 to Qianmen, and then walk to your hotel for about 10 minutes.

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.