Cheap hotels in Dali

Written by Feb 12, 2005 19:02
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

Yeah well especially during spring festival it can be a little hard to find really cheap accommadation. And I'm talking cheap, not the 100-150 yuan accommadation that most farangs go for. The place that I found is really close to the old town and quite clean and comfortable. It consists of 2 single beds and a TV, but hey how many travellers can understand Chinese, especially on the idiot box! The only downfall I can tell you is that the toilet is VERY Chinese and there are no showers, but if you are only spending a couple of nights a shower won't matter too much ( my girlfriend and I rode through Thailand to Malaysia and hardly had any showers!) .This place is only 60 yuan a night. Also if you don't want to pay for a cable car ticket, just walk up the mountain. You can get to the cloud road path just by walking through the cemetery which is behind the University looking building still under construction. The cemetery is about a 15 min walk from the old town. Be aware the track could be very diffcult for people with any physical problems ( heart problems, asthmatics etc...) If you want to catch a cheap cable car, go to a booking agent called "Micheals". He is located about a 5 min walk from the Youth Hostelling and charges 60 yuan for a return trip, better than the 82 that everyone else sells.
Have fun

More Dali Travel Reviews
1. Erhai Lake TARZAN from NL Jul 6, 2004 03:07
2. Dali, 1984, was wonderful MICHAEL from US Mar 30, 2004 11:03
Comments (0)

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.