Yiwu Taxi

Written by Oct 18, 2010 13:01
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

I have been in & out of Yiwu many times and for the first time I have a taxi driver who tried to take advantage of the late arrival and lone passenger. The plane touched down around 0020, I got my luggage and queued for the taxi it was around 0040. Two security guards ensured that the queue and the boarding of taxi moved smoothly. The driver tried to say something but he was waved on by the security. He moved slowly out of the airport looking all around. He switched on the meter and then switched it off. I asked him why he is not running the metre as I needed the receipt. Then he advised that he queued 1 hr and the security did not allow him to pick another passenger, so he must charge me RMB60. I was flabbergasted and insisted that it would be only RMB30. He sped up and slowed down at intervals - reflecting very erratic behaviour.Then he asked if my hotel is already confirmed else there is another hotel. Upon arrival,I paid him RMB30 - but he raised his voice aggressively for RMB60 - and refused to release my luggage from the boot at first - until I told him that I will check with the hotel personnel. He pulled off an old receipt from his taxi which showed a board time of 2249 and alighting time of 0021 of a previous passenger of fare RMB63.40. This proves that he was lying about queuing for one hour. One of the ladies at the reception advised that it cannot be RMB60 but asked to pay him RMB40. He initially refused and loitered outside the hotel and then moved off. If you have a chance to look at the number plate beforehand DO NOT board his taxi. GC262H/026201/(K55820).

More Zhejiang Travel Reviews
1. unforgetble bussiness trip to yiwu ELEGANTCHILI from CN Dec 18, 2009 09:24
2. Sun, Sand Sculptures & Sea: Zhujiajian Island LEMONCACTUS from CN Jun 10, 2009 00:57
3. yiwu international trade city YIWUTRANSLATOR from CN Apr 23, 2009 12:35
Comments (0)

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.