Computer Repairs in SuZhou City China By R.P.BenDedek

Written by Mr. BENDEDEK Mar 26, 2010 01:05
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

Computer Troubles! Today's news is being published quite late. Let me tell you why. It is late because I didn't get home from the computer repair shop till 7:15 am Magic City Time. Let me first say, that this edition is being published from my own 'now fixed' laptop computer, thanks to 'SuZhou jingying Notebook Repair' . This repair shop is located on the 3rd floor of the big computer store on the corner of West Gan Jiang Road at the intersection of Chang Xu Road. (Chang Xu Road is where the Tall Jasmine Holiday Inn is located). Contact details are: 
• Kang Yongjun
• Tel: 13151186238 • 0512-60709368 
• Email: hotmail.com|kahunakang 
• QQ: 393110900 
• No.456 West GanJiang Rd. U-town, B3158 (3rd Floor) Chinese Address 

My visit there was quite an accident. You may remember that I had written earlier in the year that my computer was damaged on the plane flight from Wuhan to SuZhou, but that it eventually righted itself. Well, 10 days ago my computer screen began to flicker, and then the following day, it just died. Everyone told me just to buy a new computer, as the expense of repairing it would be too great. It annoyed me that it was only the screen that was playing up. I could see that the computer was working, and just make out the details on the screen, so I figured that it ought to be able to be repaired. At any rate, I decided that I may as well just buy a new one because if I tried to get it fixed, I'd only be so overcharge because I'm a foreigner, that it would probably be a waste of money. (I once was getting a new battery for my watch and watched the watchmaker slip a 'used' battery into it.) I admit it! I don't trust the Chinese businessmen - and I have good reason not to trust them. Anyway, today I decided to buy the new computer (I've been publishing from the local internet cafe.) Having already checked out all the computers and prices, I collected all the spare cash I had.

Anyway, today I decided to buy the new computer (I've been publishing from the local internet cafe.) Having already checked out all the computers and prices, I collected all the spare cash I had and set off with a student to buy the computer. That's when we struck a problem. I could only buy the laptop I wanted, if it came with a 'fake' Microsoft English Program. 'No Thanks!' We left the store and went accross the road to buy the desktop computer. I didn't really want the desktop computer, but the price was cheaper and I wanted a genuine English Program. Well the English program was no problem, it would just cost an extra 1000 RMB. Not a problem! I would end up paying the same as the dodgy laptop. That's when we struck another problem. There were no genuine 1000 RMB English Programs in stock to be installed. We decided to head up to Shi Lu, but Gerry decided to go back to the first store and see if any of the suppliers there had the program. We were directed to the 3rd floor, which looks like a street market, and while Gerry was asking around about the program, I went for a wander. That's when I spotted the little workshop with a whole lot of screens from laptops. I raced back to Gerry and told him to come and talk to the proprietor for me, but when we got there, the guy shocked me by speaking really great English. He assured me that if the computer was working, then it would be a simple matter to fix the screen, and after hearing that it would only cost 200-400 RMB, I raced home to get my laptop. When I asked the proprietor when I should come back for the computer, he told me it would take about 90 minutes. Well! Wasn't that a shock!. Life however is never quite so simple, and when I returned I found that there were some other problems that they were trying to fix. One of the hinges was too tight - yep! always have trouble opening the thing. Keys not working right - needs to be cleaned. Yep! That's right! Well, to cut a long story short,

More Suzhou Travel Reviews
1. Unusualness of Suzhou JAMESWONG from China Feb 7, 2010 03:21
2. Rush to Suzhou from Shanghai LEOSTAR from United States Jan 30, 2010 02:49
3. A Sunday in Suzhou LEMONCACTUS from CN Mar 27, 2008 21:21
Comments (0)

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.