Are the Airport bus transfer people ( Line 1) very reputable?

Written by Mr. MARK May 23, 2013 01:20
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

Just some advice for anyone taking the airport service outside the melody hotel. Myself and my partner tried to take this service last April 26th 2013. Our flight was in 3 hours time and when we walked up to the bus to step on the people outside selling the tickets asked what time out flight was? This is when we had trouble.

I said it was at 12pm and it was currently 0840am. The guy spoke to his friend then told us that we would not have enough time to get the bus and would need to instead take a taxi. He claimed that it would take longer than 3 hours to reach the airport. I was obviously suspicious but then again I have no reason to doubt him as i didnt know much about xian. He then tried to bring us over his friends conveniently located taxi and requested 200 yuan for the trip to the airport. Having been told it would only cost 150 from our hostel I knew something was a miss.

I again asked why we could not take the bus and he said again that we would not make it. At this stage I knew this was BS and not wanting to let this scammer get away with it we decided to walk off. The two men then followed us all the way up the street being quite aggressive and trying to drag us back into their taxi. I eventually had to stop, stand up against one of the guys and told him to leave us alone.

we eventually got another taxi who brought us to the airport for 150 as we had expected to pay. So i would just like to warn others that this service does seem to be run by people who are willing to try and scam vulnerable tourists.

Beware of this service and take care. Shame as it almost ruined our lovely visit to Xi'an. 310483

More Xian Travel Reviews
1. One day tour of Xi'an JONES from Ireland May 3, 2013 14:23
2. Xian at Night SMILINGLEE Aug 15, 2012 03:01
3. Spending a week in Xian! LEE from Malaysia Aug 13, 2012 20:11
Comments (0)

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.