Jingdong Stone Forest Gorge Scenic Area and Karst Cave

Written by Ms. ERIN Jun 14, 2013 01:48
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

I just got back from visiting Jingdong's Stone Forest Gorge Scenic Area and Karst Cave over the Dragon Boat Festival. Bus 852 takes 1 hr 20 min(vs 918 is 2 hr). 9rmb with card else 15 rmb.
The 918/852 drop off in Pinggu is the place to pick up local bus 25.  Walk a little further down and there is a public toilet.
Local buses didn't stop at the stop unless you were getting off and no one was waiting. Most bus stops not designated on the road, but the tourist destinations had a small sign on a pole with the #25 to designate a bus stop.  Also stops not listed on the inside of the bus.  Bring your desination written in English, pinyin and hanzu to ensure you get to the right location.  The local bus is 2rmb w/o card, if you have the card need to swipe when you exit to get reduced price like you do on a distance fare bus. It was about 35 min to get to the Gorge. The gorge is actually 78rmb entrance.  Many bathrooms on the path.  
 We visited the Cave on the way back, 80rmb entrance with additional 10rmb inside cave for boat ride and another 10rmb for further cave possibly leading back to the entrance. We didn't pay the extra 10rmb and were directed to a back exit leading to a different tourist destination between the cave and the gorge. Couldn't find the bus stop as it's not posted here and had to walk back to the cave entrance to get the bus.
  I recommend the Gorge, it is beautiful, but many man made improvements for walking path, steps vary in height and length.  We took 2.5 hr and pretty much walked the whole time, not taking any cable car.  Drinks are still 5 rmb at the top.  
  I do not recommend the Cave.  Way to expensive, and I don't know how much is fake, never having been to a cave before.  But I could see the metal structure through a hole in the rock and they added some rough cut stone statutes among some of the staligmite forms.  This a guided tour in Chinese, but signs are in English.  

More Beijing Travel Reviews
1. Taxi rip off at Beijing Train Station FORTE from UNITED KINGDOM May 31, 2013 09:08
2. Ask for Christine to be your Guide - She was wonderful! BEAPRESS May 22, 2013 20:10
3. Slow Boat Brewery Taproom - Great place for good beer JANET from USA May 2, 2013 00:50
Comments (1)

Jun 15, 2013 00:08 Reply

MARIUM said:

Hi!i am a student in Fudan University,recently i got job offer i am confused if i can apply my Z visa from Hong kong or do i need to return to my home country i.e., India?? Also the invitation letter mentions i can collect the Z visa form Hong kong.Pls help!!!

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.