Menu
I need your advice!!!
Sep 1, 2005 03:00
  • CALIFORNIA
I will go to Dongguan for my sister's wedding,and I want to go to Shenzhen and Guangzhou passingly.I know the two city were modern in chinese,maybe I will feel boring of this,Can you give my some advice,which places are worthy to visit?Thanks a lot......
Sep 1, 2005 03:24
  • CONNY129
Happy Valley (hope I don't spell it wrong )
Sep 1, 2005 03:33
  • CALIFORNIA
oh,there were so many mistakes in my words,I just amend it.
I will go to Dongguan for my sister's wedding,and I want to go to Shenzhen and Guangzhou passingly.I know the two city were modern in china,maybe I will feel boring of this,Can you give me some advice,which places are worthy to visit?Btw,I only have two days!Thanks a lot......
Sep 1, 2005 06:42
  • GAZ07
SHENZHEN
i don't like the city centre too much (especially around the station) bu there is some nice architecture & buildings.

If you like to eat at nice restaurants/drink at the bar, i recommend you visit Shekou ("SNAKE HEAD!" i think..)

Splendid China and the Folk village (120yuan for both) are good places to visit. Especially the shows in the Folk Village.

Minsk World is a cool place to visit too, an old russian aircraft carrier from World War 2 (100yuan)

GUANGZHOU
Shamien Island is a nice place to stay, 150yuan/night for double room in the hostel.

Check out the riverfront with its lights, its pretty. There are small things to see in Guangzhou but nothing amazing. Good food!

Have a good trip!
Sep 1, 2005 11:17
  • CALIFORNIA
Gaz,thanks for your advice!I will go to the Folks village and Minsk World for visiting in Shenzhen!I am sure that I don't like the downtown of Shenzhen!
I will choose a hostel near the Pearl river,maybe in the island that you have told me!and I will visit a gothic church!
Sep 1, 2005 11:35
  • GAZ07
There is a famous church in Guangzhou, it's very large and has a bell tower. The bell tower was blamed for an outbreak of the plague and has never been used since.

Also, if you can afford it, you could take a boat along the pearl river, have a meal and enjoy the view...

PS the metro is the best way to get around both cities ( and the bus to Minsk world).
Sep 1, 2005 11:40
  • CALIFORNIA
Yes,the church was named Shi Shi Sheng Xin Da Jiao Tang!It is my MUST place!
Really?Are there a boat travelling in Pearl River?that's great!when I lookat Changjiang fist time,I am so excited,and I took a boat in changjiang,from wu chang to han kou three times!
Don't laugh at me!My hometown has no big river!
Sep 2, 2005 21:26
  • CALIFORNIA
Hi,Gaz,I will go to visit the Minsk World in Shenzhen,gothic church,Sha Mian island and Boating in the Pearl River!!!
Thanks your advice!
Sep 2, 2005 22:30
  • GAZ07
boat at night, when the lights are on
i'm not sure how expensive it is though.

=)
Sep 2, 2005 22:38
  • CALIFORNIA
Hi,Gaz,boating in the night???do you rememeber how much?is it very expensive???more than 100RMB?
Btw,Does the Minsk World have the half price ticket for the university student???
Sep 2, 2005 22:43
  • GAZ07
Usually students get discounts on everything haha.

I'm not sure about the boats, maybe somebody else can help. But it looks much better at night. Maybe sunset.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: I need your advice!!!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code