Menu
Yangshuo region - 10 days
Apr 19, 2004 15:04
  • MGALITZ
I'm thinking of going to this region for 10 days in November. Flying into Shangai, take train to Guilin.

Is it pretty easy to do independently?
I was in China for 21 days in 2002. On tour (Beijing, Xi'An, Yangtze, Lhasa, Chengu for 2 weeks) and then one week in Beijing independently. We enjoyed the week alone immensely and found Beijing very easy. I took 3 months of Mandarin before the trip so not completely in the dark with the language.

It looks like the most interesting thing to do is to bicyle to the small villages and take the Li river cruise.

Any suggestions? Thanks, Marisa
Apr 26, 2004 17:30
  • JONNYB
I had a couple of days in Yangshuo earlier this year - we stayed at Lisa's on the main street (West Street). We got the hotel to book us a trip on the river (excellent) and we spent a whole day cycling round. That was very good too. The other thing we did was to sample cormorant fishing - totally for tourists but still worth for the experience. Enjoy !
Apr 26, 2004 20:15
  • ICANFLY
that's a good idea.
actually,many chinese,like me, have been longing for a trip to Yangshuo/Guilin since their childhood.the hills and rivers in that area are characteristic of chinese traditional paintings,as beautiful as you want.and you can really enjoy a leisure lift during your stay in Yangshuo region.
Apr 27, 2004 10:01
  • YAZOO
Hi Marisa,

Yangshuo is pretty easy to go independently, many people also speak English and there are plenty of small guesthouses where you can stay. It's a wonderful scenery out there, take a boat on the Li river, go cycling in the countryside, go visit some places further away (but bear in mind that once you leave Yangshuo, there won't be many people who speak English anymore, although most of them are very friendly). Have fun !
Post a Reply to: Yangshuo region - 10 days
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code