Menu
Flights from Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou?
Apr 21, 2004 05:03
  • FREDDYBOY
I need to know the specifics of the new flights from Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou. Where to buy tickets in Chengdu? Cost? Frequency? Safety record so far?

Thanks in advance!
Apr 21, 2004 09:15
  • ANGEL
Yes, several flights each day. Morning or afternoon filghts depends on. Since Sept. last year, there is no bad safty record. You can buy the tickets at any ticket office in Chengdu.
Apr 23, 2004 16:46
  • CINDYCINDY
hello!
cheng du to jiuzhaigou airticket is 700RMB one way,it will take 40 minutes.
Apr 26, 2004 17:24
  • JONNYB
Just one other point is that it is about a 3 hour bus ride from the airport to the town. They built the airpont on the nearest flat area to the town.
Apr 26, 2004 20:29
  • ICANFLY
just a suggestion.
you can also take a bus from chengdu to jiuzhaigou.
Jul 31, 2005 12:01
  • EDYHARTO
Hi, ICANFly,

May I ask if how is the bus ride there? I heard it's a good 10-hour bumpy journey that needs a good massage. Can you advice?
Jul 31, 2005 14:29
  • JABAROOTOO
The best information on flight times you can find on this site. Just click on the plane icon on the top right of the screen and enter Chengdu to Juizhaigou. It will bring up all the scheduled flights and cost which may be discounted but not likely as this is a premium resort. Any travel agent will sell the tickets. Just remember to have passport ready. The airport services Juizhiagou and Huanglong parks and is 86kms from the former and about half the distance from the latter, but only about 5km from Songpan. A shuttle bus runs to both locations Y45 last year to Juizhaigou which is a quarter of what a taxi will cost you. It's definately not a three hour trip, more like one hour over a very good new road.
However road from Chengdu is always under contruction and repair and notoriouly bad but recommend one way by bus to see the mightly Min river. It's worth the bumps as it's a very interesting valley.
Jul 31, 2005 15:22
  • JABAROOTOO
More on flights up to 6 most days. Search using JIUZHAI Enjoy your visit
Feb 22, 2006 07:18
  • KIMI
help me !!!

How are the buses or coach condition ?? is it a good bus or one that you wish you never ever take …

Can I book advance train ticket . If Yes, how can I go about doing it .. is there any website that I can go for direct booking .. I dun want to go thru agent .. I m on a ready tight buget…

Thanks in advance ...
Feb 22, 2006 19:55
  • RITA
Hi Kimi,

By bus:

It's about 460 km from Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou and takes nearly 8 hours - you can probably get the road condition by those figures. There are something beautiful along the way that you can not see by taking flights. The bus fare is about 100 yuan. Think about it. Jiuzhaigou is one of the drawing cards of China tourism, the government would not be glad to see tourists blocked outside of it, so the road conditions are getting better and better.

By flight:

Fast and safe, the airfare is 700 + 50 RMB, more expensive than busfare, but it's ok for tight budget travellers.

I am sorry, I do not have any train information about traveling between Chengdu and Jiuzhaigou, I'll keep looking for you...
Feb 23, 2006 08:52
  • KIMI
Hi there Rita,

U r such a diamond .. the info helps a lot in my making some decision before i step to china ..

Tq again.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Flights from Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code