Menu
Guangzhou in late April / Early May
Apr 21, 2004 06:00
  • ECHAN
I'll be going to Guangzhou from April 26 to May 4. I understand it's busy travel season there. The hotels in Travelchinaguide.com shows hotels available starting May 1. Will it be easy to get 2nd class hotels before May 1? If so, approximately how much will they cost? I heard the rates goes up 2 times or more in April during the trade fairs.

If the last week is too tough to find lodging, I'm going to recommend my friends to fly or take night train to Shanghai or Guilin/Yangshuo for a few days. Does this sound OK? Any recommendations that are not too faraway from Guangzhou?

Thanks,
Eric
Apr 21, 2004 09:17
  • ANGEL
I am quite sure about your meaning in the second. If you want your friends visit other cities before they fly to Guangzhou for the fair, Guizhou is better than Shanghai.
Apr 21, 2004 09:27
  • ECHAN
Oops, the second part should say "If the last week of April is too tough to find lodging" then we would visit other places.
Apr 21, 2004 11:09
  • DAISY
Hi, ECHAN!
I just found the price of the Ocean Hotel(the 2nd class) during the Trade Fair And hope it can offer you some information as a reference.
During the Trade Fair (about form April 14th-April 30nd), the price of twin room is about RMB 1,286.00, excluded the breakfast fee.
But during shoulder season, the price should be about RMB 333.00 for the twin room, included the breakfast.
Juse for reference~~
Apr 21, 2004 12:13
  • ECHAN
Hi DAISY,
Thanks for the info! Wow, the price almost quadrupled! Seems Shenzhen or Yangshuo/Guilin would be more reasonable... Thanks again!
Eric
Post a Reply to: Guangzhou in late April / Early May
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code