Menu
What time of year?
Sep 5, 2005 11:21
  • OTFORD15
I am considering traveling to Lhasa in October. I am currently living in Yantai and would have to go through Beijing or Chengdu. What time or year would be good? Perhaps a silly question, but is winter really a good time to avoid?
Sep 5, 2005 18:58
  • RITA
Usually April, May, Sep and Oct are the best time to visit Lhasa.
Avoid rainy season and winter if possible.
Sep 5, 2005 19:44
  • CALIFORNIA
Maybe in winter,there was a special view:-)But it is really cold!!!
Sep 23, 2005 03:50
  • LOSANG
A common misconception of Lhasa is that it is an extremely cold place. It's not true. While the winter time can be cold, most of N. America and large parts of Europe are much, much colder than Lhasa.I have spent many winter days in Lhasa just wearing a fleece. The sun shines in Lhasa for most of the year which makes it feel much warmer than what it really is. Other regions of Tibet can be extremely cold in winter. The Amdo region of northern Tibet is deadly cold in the winter. The weather in October should be perfect traveling weather in Lhasa.
Sep 23, 2005 07:40
  • ELCABRON
Spring is the best time because less tourists but still not too cold. I went there in March and there were close to none tourist in sight...
Tempreture: I was well prepared but during daytime the tremperature went up to 15 nearly 20 degrees celsius - but as soon as you go out of the sun it is cold again. In the morning everything was frozen.
I got a sunburn because I forgot the sunblocker....
Post a Reply to: What time of year?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code