Menu
Taiyuan pollution
Sep 6, 2005 22:07
  • JEANHEON
I would like to really know what the air quality is like in Taiyuan. The previous comments are not clear (as the air?)

I might sign a one year contract there but air pollution is a concern.

Jean
Sep 6, 2005 22:23
  • CALIFORNIA
Tai yuan is one of the most polluted cities in China!It is one of the heavy industry cities of China.You are right,the air is not clean!!!
Sep 7, 2005 01:19
  • CALIFORNIA
But Taiyuan is not in the TOP 10(the most heavily pollution cities)!It is ok!
Sep 7, 2005 01:23
  • RITA
The pollution in Taiyuan is about the average level, not worse than the other industrial cities. The air in Datong might be much horrible.
Sep 7, 2005 05:00
  • JABAROOTOO
Just for the record. Can anyone tell us the ranking of the ten most polluted cities in China?
Sep 7, 2005 05:50
  • RITA
The most polluted cities - Top 10

Linfen (Shanxi), Yangquan (Shanxi), Datong (Shanxi), Jinchang (Gansu), Yibin (Sichuan), Zhuzhou (Hunan), Chongqing, Jiaozuo (Henan), Changzhi (Shanxi), Panzhihua (Sichuan)

Linfen (Shanxi), Yangquan (Shanxi), Datong (Shanxi), Shizuishan (Ningxia), Sanmenxia (Henan), Jinchang (Gansu), Shijiazhuang(Hebei), Xianyang (Shaanxi), Zhuzhou (Hunan)
Luoyang (Henan)

There might be slight differences for the statics from different resources.
Sep 7, 2005 09:34
  • GAZ07
I didn't visit any cities in China that wern't polluted. It says in my lonely planet that China has 16 of the top 20 most polluted cities in the world (according to the world bank). Top of that list came Lanzhou, Gansu Province.

Statistics aren't so important anyway, you will be sucking dirt in any Chinese city.
Sep 7, 2005 09:34
  • GAZ07
I didn't visit any cities in China that wern't polluted. It says in my lonely planet that China has 16 of the top 20 most polluted cities in the world (according to the world bank). Top of that list came Lanzhou, Gansu Province.

Statistics aren't so important anyway, you will be sucking dirt in any Chinese city.
Sep 7, 2005 09:42
  • CALIFORNIA
Lanzhou is the most polluted city before,but now,I think some cities in Shanxi province is polluted serious!
Sep 7, 2005 11:23
  • JABAROOTOO
Here's a little more on pollution in general but it seems that Shanxi takes the cakes for the most and worst polluted cities in China today.

Even the Yangtze, which supplies water to a 12th of the world's population, is showing the growing pressure of dams, river traffic and effluent from supercities such as Chongqing, which has a municipal population of 30 million. Less than a third of the waste from China's cities is treated.

Water is by no means the only environmental problem. Acid rain falls on a third of the country's territory. According to a ranking of air quality, 15 of the planet's 20 most polluted cities are in China. The smog is so bad that respiratory diseases have recently become the leading cause of death.

But water carries the greatest political risk. Officials from the World Bank warned last year that the contest for scarce resources would lead to "a fight between rural interests, urban interests and industrial interests on who gets water in China".

Take care of your health!!!!!
Sep 7, 2005 15:19
  • ELCABRON
From my personal experience, DaTong was the worst. I mean everything was black in this city... They have heavy coal industry around there, really bad.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Taiyuan pollution
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code