Menu
Planning to visit Xi'an in November 2005
Sep 8, 2005 01:38
  • IVIA
Hi, I am from Singapore and wish to plan for a Xi'an trip with my guy friend in around Nov for 1 week stay. I prefer to go for Free & Easy. There are so many places of interests that I would like to visit. So many place, with so little time. I really need help from you gals and guys:

1. If I am travelling from Singapore airport, will I need to go Beijing Int'l airport-> Xi'an domestic airport? How long will the journey takes from Beijing->Xi'an?

2. What is the weather like in Nov?

3. I saw some threads recommanding Shu Yuan Youth Hostel and it's quite cheap. I wish to know the location, price for twin sharing, and for the twin sharing, is the toilet located in the room or common toilet? Is there other hostel/hotel that is cheap and good?

4. If I have 7 days in Xi'an, what are the places that I MUST visit? Is it better to travel on my own, or travel with china tour group?

Hmm.... so far these are the questions that I can think of...Hope there is someone there that can help me with my enquries.

Thank you.. thank you...

Cheers,
Ivia Ang
Sep 8, 2005 01:52
  • CONNY129
1. if you fly from Beijing to Xi'an ,nearly 2 hours ,and the fee is about RMB 1200 ,if there is not any discount .
2. Nov. is winter here in Xi'an , a little cold and you'd better bring some coat with you ,of course you can buy them in Xi'an according to the weather .
3. the hostel you mentioned is located near the South Gate ,downtown in Xian ,traffic is very convenience.
Sep 8, 2005 01:58
  • PEA28COCK
There are really many places of interest here in Xi'an. I think the Terra Cotta Warriors and Horses
is a must-see place, because it is one of the eight wonders in the world. In addition it is do worthwhile a visit.
Sep 8, 2005 02:06
  • CONNY129
for Xi'an details ,you can check http://www.travelchinaguide.com/cityguides/xian.htm for Shu Yuan Youth Hotel you can check wOCCA's pictures and ELACBRON's travel tips .
Good Luck !
Sep 8, 2005 02:12
  • IVIA
Hi,

Thanks for the information. I checked with one of the tour agency in Singapore, the package that they have is singapore->beijing(5days)-> Xian(2 days)-> Singapore, I don't really like the arrangement so I am thinking of travelling to Xian only. I shall call the travel agency and check out the return tickets sgp->xian->sgp. But do you think if I travel to Beijing, then buy air-ticket on the spotto Xian will be cheaper? but then that will be too troublesome. Haiz. Really hope to make it to Xian this November:) Think I should settle on the air-tickets first before asking more questions on the accomodations and places of interest. Thanks for the promt reply. Xie Xie.
Sep 8, 2005 02:23
  • CALIFORNIA
If you only want to travel to Xi'an,I think you should stay in Xi'an 3 days!
D1:Downtown(City Wall,Beilin,Shaanxi Museum,Dayan Temple,Bell tower,Drum tower,watch the Music fountain on Dayanta Square in the night 20:00)
D2:Warriors and Huaqingchi.
D3:Qianling(Wu Zetian and Lizhi tomb,very nice)and Fa men Temple!
Maybe it is cheaper you buy the airticket from Beijing to Xi'an in that time.There will have discount.
Sep 8, 2005 02:32
  • IVIA
Hi California,

Is it possible to take a plane to Beijing int'l airport, and buy a return ticket to Xi'an and travel on the same day?

1. where can i buy the return air tickets to Xian? Is there any url that I can buy online? Is it valid for non-chinese resident?

2. How much will the air-tickets to Xian be after discount? I will need to compare between buying return air-tickets from Sgp->xian and sgp->beijing & beijing->xian(which is more troublesome)

3. How many airports are there in Xian? or only Xiguan?

Sep 8, 2005 02:42
  • CALIFORNIA
Hi,Ivia,yes,it is possible,but I am worried that there will no discount in the same day!
Usually,you can buy a ticket with 70% discount,maybe lower from beijing to xi'an,about 740RMB.
Now,you should arrive in Xianyang international Airpot,it is a city near Xi'an.
Look at this website,it is good!I usually book my ticket on it!
http://english.yoee.com/
Sep 8, 2005 03:59
  • JABAROOTOO
If you're not planning on spending time sightseeing in Beijing, why are you flying in there. Could you fly Singapore to Hongkong/Shenzhen/Guangzhou to Xian? It is a much more direct route. Prices for flights are available on this website, just go to plane icon on top righthand side to compare prices.
Sep 8, 2005 04:47
  • IVIA
Hi JABAROOTOO,

thanks for reminding me. I just called some tour agency for the flight fares, now waiting for them to get back to me. Seems like the air tickets will be around S$700-$S800/pax. Hope can source for cheaper air tix:)
Sep 9, 2005 08:40
  • JABAROOTOO
I hope you can get a good deal. You'll usually find that prices for Chinese domestic flights are cheaper if you buy them here and often cheaper if you buy just a few days in advance before. They really are not used to people booking and buying domestic tickets months n advance.
The system here is not the same as in most overseas countries so you cannot always look for the same kind of deals or bargains. Just easy to buy a ticket same day or a few days before your travel. Except of course around major important holidays. Speing festival. May and Oct 'Golden weeks'. Which are always at a premium.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Planning to visit Xi'an in November 2005
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code