Menu
What are you going to do at the Mid-Autumn Festival?
Sep 8, 2005 21:26
  • BACKPACKER
Tne Mid-Autumn Festival is one of my favorite festivals. I would have dinner with my family and play the lantern with my friends on the beach/in the park.

In Koh Phangan, Thailand, there is a Full-Moon Party on that day. I have visited there however, I did not join the party.
Details please visit the following website: http://fullmoonparty-thailand.com/

What are you going to do on that day?

Sep 8, 2005 23:01
  • BELLELI
work in the daytime, and have dinner with my family in the evening. i'm not in my hometown, so i can't see my parents, every mid-autumn day, i miss them. but luckily, my aunt stays with me. when the moon is full, i always miss my parents so much!

wish you happy !
Sep 8, 2005 23:07
  • PEA28COCK
At first I have to say that I love your mini pic. It is cute. As for the Middle Autumn Day, I still have no clear ideas for how to spend it. I am in a city which is very far from my beloved hometown. I miss my parents very much, but I cannot go home to be with them. Since the middle high school I have had hardly spent this festival with my family. Poor! I really envy those lucky guys who can be with their families for most of the time.
Sep 9, 2005 00:44
  • DOUTIN
Read this about the Mid-Autumn Day:

http://www.writetolearn.com/Article_Show.asp?ArticleID=164
Sep 9, 2005 01:12
  • DOUTIN
Moon Festival

On the 15th day of the 8th month of the lunar calendar, the moon is round and the Chinese people mark their Moon (or Mid-autumn) Festival. The round shape to a Chinese means family reunion. Therefore the Moon Festival is a holiday for members of a family to get together wherever it is possible.

On that day sons and daughters will bring their family members back to their parents' house for a reunion. Sometimes people who have already settled overseas will come back to visit their parents on that day.

As every Chinese holiday is accompanied by some sort of special food, on the Moon Festival, people eat moon cakes, a kind of cookie with fillings of sugar, fat, sesame, walnut, the yoke of preserved eggs, ham or other material. In Chinese fairy tales, there live on the moon the fairy Chang E, a woodcutter named Wu Gang and a jade rabbit, which is Chang E's pet. In the old days, people paid respect to the fairy Chang E and her pet the jade rabbit.

The custom of paying homage to the fairy and rabbit is gone, but the moon cakes are showing improvement every year. There are hundreds of varieties of moon cakes on sale a month before the arrival of the Moon Festival this year. Some moon cakes are of very high quality and very delicious. An overseas tourist is advised not to miss it if he or she happens to be in China during the Moon Festival.
source: Ezmandarin.com
- - -
Spas Doutin
Sep 12, 2005 05:38
  • BACKPACKER
A large lantern was displayed in a shopping centre

Sep 13, 2005 20:02
  • CONNY129
it is on Sunday this week ,maybe go out to have a dinner ,go to cinema ~~~ I'm not sure .
Sep 14, 2005 03:46
  • BACKPACKER
There is public holiday in Hong Kong on Sep 19:p
Sep 14, 2005 04:28
  • PEA28COCK
I really miss my beloved parents and little sister, but I cannot go home on the Mid-Autumn day. Then I have to spend this day with my friends here. I wish I would be happy then.
Sep 14, 2005 09:17
  • CALLESMAN
Well, I'll bring out my sling shot & go hunting for those lantern animals. Just kidding!!! That's what the bully did to me when I was little. :)
Jan 11, 2008 12:39
GUESTTABITHA I'm just trying to find diffident stuff about china festivals okay so can you give me the diffient festivals about china.
Post a Reply to: What are you going to do at the Mid-Autumn Festival?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code