Menu
chinese language
Sep 9, 2005 06:38
  • YANNIS
hello from athens greece. i study for almost 7 months and i must admit that chinese language is not only a question of memory. sometimes especially during the writing, we must feel it! i cant tell exactly what it feels but i hope someone understands me.
Sep 9, 2005 08:11
  • JABAROOTOO
Yasou Yanni,
Ti Karnis? Couldn't help replying. Sorry about my Greek. It's been a long time since I tried to learn and I've forgotten a lot. I lived on Crete for more than a year. What part are you from? Now I'm living in China and like you learning the language, but it's not easy. Learning the characters does help somethimes but other times it is more confusing than ever. Why are you learning Chinese? Do you plan to visit here too one day?

Yasou!
Sep 9, 2005 08:13
  • JABAROOTOO
I see you live in Athens. When spent time in Athens I used to stay with friends in Nea Liossa? Do you know the place?
Sep 9, 2005 09:48
  • MISHEN
Yannis, I'd recommend you check out www.zhongwen.com - it will really help you understand the system of the characters. Good luck with studying Mandarin, the best language in the world!
Sep 13, 2005 22:36
  • MARCOPOLO
maybe the hardest :(
Sep 14, 2005 19:52
  • CROBERTO
Mishen,
Thanks for to incentive the readers (this is especially validy to me).
Really, learn mandarin is difficult. I read in lonely planet that is necessary 15 years to learn it. Is it true? Say, no, please...
Sep 14, 2005 20:21
  • PEA28COCK
Well hey, Croberto, I will tell you that you needn't spend 15 years to learn mandarin, only 9 or ten years, that's ok! I am just kidding. While there is a will, there is a way. I bet you can learn it well, if you try your best. Sometimes you can take your learning as eating a piece of delicious cake, that's easy and enjoying, right?

To Mishen: Thanks very much for saying that mandarin is the best language in the world. I feel proud of it.
Sep 15, 2005 16:50
  • CROBERTO
Hi, PEA28COCK

You said the learning key: TRY YOUR BEST. This is a thing that I admire in Chinese people: They give the best of theirselves. Here, in Brazil, I see chineses, that don't speak nothing of portuguese, working as sellers (they are very good sellers!). In the Brazilian Universities admission tests, a lot of eastern have the best grades. Why all of them get the best?
I know the answer: By their dedication and right goals focus!!!
Learn mandarin requires this requirements.

Perhaps the easterns can learn to some westerns (like me), their persistence.
Congratulations of all of you, that really knows what you want.

Sep 15, 2005 19:41
  • PEA28COCK
Hello, Croberto, frankly speaking, I really love your reply. Firstly I should say that almost all the Chinese students are good at tests or examinations, which is much related with the educational system in China. Secondly I should thank you for praising all the Chinese that we really know what we want. Sometimes I cannot realize this point while for most of the time I can. Wish you a complete success in learning mandarin!
Sep 16, 2005 10:56
  • MISHEN
No, it's not necessary to spend 15 years to speak Mandarin. I learnt a lot in my first 3 months, enough to have conversations freely. If you want to speak really well, though, it takes a lot longer - I know someone who learnt for 20 years and says she still finds it very hard.
Sep 16, 2005 19:13
  • CROBERTO
Thanks, Mishen
I will try to learn mandarin only as a survival tool. After then, perhaps, I will use the learning as a mental gymnastics (I heard that the regular use of the brain in unlogical learning, as languages, prevent sclerosis...)
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: chinese language
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code