Menu
Shanghai Xmas...
Sep 9, 2005 23:38
  • SUZIWONG
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to spend 10 days in Shanghai over Christmas. We are escaping western consumerism (hopefully)! Also how cold will it be? I come from the land Downunder so the temp will be a shock I guess...
Sep 10, 2005 03:07
  • ELCABRON
Haha, Suzie, now you fall out of the frying pan into the fire;-)

On Christmas everything is totally crowded - I dont mean crowded like everyday in Shanghai, I mean really CROWDED!
Despite having no cultural connection to Christmas, Chinese love it as a kind of reason to celebrate, to go out and consume - it is hell. I remember all the kids having this fake-snow-spray and those air ballon sticks - and of course as an alien in their eyes they like to spray me;-)

Sep 10, 2005 04:49
  • SUZIWONG
No, no, am born to shop - just don't want to shop for Christmas presents. There's no one in Oz so am looking forward to the crowds.....but what to do????
Sep 10, 2005 05:01
  • ELCABRON
What to do:

It is a crowd like during spring festival. You better lock yourself somewhere secure and wait until the stampede is over;-)

What else in SHA?

1.shopping, shopping, shopping
2.run up and down the Bund, NanjingLu and all shopping districts
3.check out the REAL old quarter of Shanghai
4.take the ferry over the river to go to JinMaoTower from where you have the best view over the skyline(better than PerlTower)
5.Go partying at night
6.Do daytrips around Shanghai to see some cultural spots because SHA has a lack of that......(like Hangzhou,Suzhou,....)
Sep 15, 2005 02:35
  • SUZIWONG
thanks ElCabron - your photos are awesome. Cant wait!
Post a Reply to: Shanghai Xmas...
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code