Menu
ON MY OWN TO TIBET - TRAVEL PERMIT
Apr 24, 2004 18:36
  • LINDA4AM
Hi everyone, I've been trying to plan a trip to Tibet on my own w/o having to join a tour group, but this travel permit requirement for foreigners is really putting my down (myself being a Canadian passport holder)..So please, can anyone tell me a way to get an alien travel permit WITHOUT HAVING TO JOIN A TOUR GROUP that will 100% work? This is quite urgent so appreciate your kind advice!!
Apr 27, 2004 09:20
  • DAISY
There are two ways for tourist to get the Tibet Travel Permit.

1) Your local travel agency can be your representative to apply for the Permit. But do contact them in advance and give them enough time for paper work. Tibet Permit can be issued two weeks prior to your entry Tibet.
2) You can get it right from the following offices of Tibet Tourism Bureau Shanghai Office, too. To apply for the Permit, you should provide the copies of your visa, passport and Foreign Residence Permit (if any) by fax or email.

And please notice that there are two documents required for foreign tourists who want to travel in Tibet. One is the Chinese Visa, which you can apply for in Chinese Embassy in your place. Another is the Alien' s Travel Permit issued by Tibet Tourism Bureau.

Generally speaking, if the city where you stay at has the direct flight to Tibet, of course it has the Tibet Tourism Bureau.

So by the way, which city would be your stop before Tibet?
Aug 12, 2009 04:07
  • IMMARGE
Hi, were you successful in your independent travel to Lhasa, Tibet and did not join any tour group? Could you share your tips and how you did it?

I've booked a 7-day Lhasa - EBC group tour in Sept 2009 with Access Tibet Tour & Service via their website and does anyone has any comment on this travel agency?

Post a Reply to: ON MY OWN TO TIBET - TRAVEL PERMIT
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code