Menu
Glamourous City in Wuxi City
Sep 10, 2005 22:13
  • VINNIE77
Hello,I am new to this forum. I have a question maybe someone can help me with. I have been traveling to China for two years now. I plan to visit again in October. I am interested to know more about this new project in Wuxi City called "Glamourous City." It is being built at Taihu Lake. Does anyone know about this place? Has anyone visited there? Any information would be appreciated! Thank you.Vinnie.
Sep 11, 2005 20:22
  • BEIJINGGJM
Dear Vinnie:
"Glamourous City",maybe is CCTV outer door scene Basement in Wuxi,Inside it ,there are a few small scene ancient city ,such as Sanguo city,shuihu city,Eurpern city and Tang city.
you can take No.212,No.820 bus from downtown to the destination.But I think that "Glamourous City" is just a man-made ancient palace where was builted since 1987, If you are very interesting in china ancient architecture, it,s good place.

Have a good trip.

Beijinggjm
Sep 11, 2005 20:35
  • CONNY129
I don't know the details about the project ,but I deemed that Wuxi city itself is a glamourous city ,beautiful scenery,numerous ponds ,mild weather and Taihu lake ~~ worthy you a revisit
Sep 12, 2005 20:31
  • VINNIE77
Hi, thank you for your reply. I am anxous to visit Wuxi again, and also see more of China. I have travel there for two years and have visited Beijing, Wux, Hangzou and also Shanghai. I am also making plans to buy apartment in Wuxi, and also start some business in the future. Do you think this is good place to do this? Where are you from in China?

Thanks.

Vinnie.
Sep 12, 2005 20:33
  • VINNIE77
Hello (Nihao)

Thank you for your reply. I have been to Wuxi City three times, I enjoy it very much. I think is beautiful place near the lake. I plan to visit there next month and also buy an apartment in the new development called "Glamourous City." Also, I will try to make a business with my friend there. Do you think this is a good idea, for foreigner, to open a restaurant or a bar in this place? Are you from this area? Do you have any suggestion for a foreigner like me to make a new life in China?

Thanks again for your response.

Vinnie.
Sep 12, 2005 21:29
  • BEIJINGGJM
I am from Beijng,where are you from? i think you will try to open the bar or restaurant at the band of taihu lake is good ideas,but if i do,i will prefer huangshan city, at the foot of Mt.huangshan (yellow moutain),So beautiful there,So quiet there,There are most beautiful villages in china today.
I wanna open a bar at the ancient street in huangshan city(Tunxi city) where close to wuxi city, Ha,Maybe we are neighbour next year.

beijinggjm
Sep 14, 2005 23:11
  • VINNIE77
Hi, yes, I have been to Beijing. It's very big place. I will arrive there in early October to meet my friend and open a bank account. I have thought to buy an apartment there in the future, and also make a business, like a bar/restaurant, but I don't know yet. I need more advise.

From there I will fly to Wuxi to do my business at the new development. I think this is very nice place and will be very popular near the lake. I do not know the place you recommend in Huangshan but I will ask my friends. There are still many places in China I have not visited. I am lucky because I have friends in many areas there, and they help to advise me and give me good ideas.

I think China will be a nice place for investment and also to live in the future. If all goes well with buying the apartment, then I will plan to move there next year, and then try to make the business.

Is it difficult to open a bar there? That's great that you have the same idea. Do you have suggestions that will make it a successful business? My idea is to present something a little different to the people that they may not know, like something from New York or California. Or also something European. I am from New York.

Thanks for sharing your idea, if you have any more, feel free to write.

Vinnie.
Sep 15, 2005 01:09
  • BEIJINGGJM
Hi,Welcome to china,New Yoker.
Regarding open a bar in china, i have some opinions just for your reference:
1)you should know very well the place where the bar you openning in china,it's very important,try to have good relation with the local govement,and you should familiar with the investment condition,regulation even hobbies of local people as well.
2)The purpose of your bar in china .
Somebody do business for money,Somebody do business just for happy,What kind of business you prefer? Beijing, ShangHai,Guangzhou such as bigger and maturated city in china are easy for money,But so crowded there,so pollution there.
Huangshan,Yangshuo city in china ,even smaller,but living there with fresh ,with quiet ,most local residenter are warmly and mildly.but income of the bar maybe not too much.

the most important advice for you:you should have a trust and knowledgeable chinese friend when you doing business.
you will go to Beijing early next month?Welcome again.

beijinggjm

Post a Reply to: Glamourous City in Wuxi City
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code