Menu
Chengdu (Sep 26, Oct 3 2005)
Sep 11, 2005 08:12
  • ALMOND
Hi there,

After arriving Chengdu, I will need to find places to stay for a night before leaving for Jiuzhaigou, Huanglong, and Emeishan. I plan to spend 6-7 days exploring those three places, and head back to Chengdu, get ready to fly back home on Oct 3.

1. I wonder if I shoud book hotels, and tours before I get there. I heard it would be better if I booked hotels and tours once I got there as I could bargain prices. Any suggestions on this?

2. I found many tour packages from dreams-travel.com. Those are pretty decent deals also. It costs about USD 190. Well, it's Chinese Speaking tour though. I wonder if I could find same price packages for English speaking tours? Any advices?

3. Is anyone interested in being a free tour guide during this period of time? I might not have money to pay you, but your hospitality would definitely be greatly appreciated. If anyone is interested in joining our group, which will be 4 of us, let us know then. As well, if you're interested in being a gentle free tour guide, message me then. Thanks tons.

Any advices on the above questions will definitely be highly appreciated.

Sep 11, 2005 10:41
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi Almond,
You do realize this is peak period for Chines travellers so it is advisable to book your rooms sin advance fro Juizhaigou at least. Maybe you can stay in songpan while you visit Huanglong.

One other point that Juizhaigou and Huanglong are located close together. ie 120/130kms apart in the very north of Sichuan, but Emeishan is a couple of hours south of Chengdu which requires passing thru Chengdu to get there from the north.

Be sure to go north first before the 1st October is the beginning of a major week long holiday when a lot of people travel, if you did not already know this, and finish in Emeishan. You can try Teddy Bear Cafe for accommodation and they will meet your bus from Chengdu. Prebook yahoo.com.cn|teddybearcafe Andy is the boss- a nice guy.

You really won't get much opportunity to bargain prices for tours if you're not Chinese. Yes you can pick them up cheaper here but good idea to have hotel rooms booked from 30th to the 3rd
Good luck
Sep 12, 2005 05:08
  • ALMOND

Hi Jabarootoo,

Thanks a lot for your advice. I do appreciate it. I’ve already got hotels booked as you suggested. Still, I’m looking for group tours though.

Anyway, Jobarootoo, would you mind if I ask you to recommend trusted guide tours I could find? I heard many negative stories about guide tours there. Thanks.
Sep 20, 2005 19:43
  • ALMOND
Thanks a lot.

I'll be flying soon. Thanks for all information you suggested. I really do appreciate it.

Almond
Sep 22, 2005 16:01
  • ZYGOTE
Almond,

Good luck on your advanture to Juizhaigou. I'll be going there myself in mid Nov. I hope it's not going to be too cold by then. Please let me know what how your trip went. I'm currently also debating on hotel and tour guide.
Post a Reply to: Chengdu (Sep 26, Oct 3 2005)
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code