Menu
Homesickness
Sep 12, 2005 02:06
  • PEA28COCK
Some of my friends say that I am not a brave girl, cos I am always homesick. However I think homesickness is a kind of human nature. I absolutely don't believe that there are some ome in this world who doesn't miss his or her hometown or family at all. While I do believe that everyone has his or her unique way to yearn the hometown. To some extent, hometown is a sacred place in each person's inner heart. Do you agree?
Sep 12, 2005 02:22
  • RITA
Well, I don't miss the place I was born in and I don't miss the place I spent 6 teenage years, but I miss the city I spend 4 year's of college.
Sep 12, 2005 02:51
  • CALIFORNIA
Yes,I agree with you!I miss my hometown,and inn-mongolia---Kerqin granssland!when I was in my hometown,I also miss Beijing!
Sep 12, 2005 03:55
  • PEA28COCK
To Rita: I really cannot figure out why you don't miss your birthplace and the place you spent six years in. Maybe you had some sad memories there. If so, I am sorry. But there is one point that I really agree with you, that is missing the place where spending four years' college stuty.
To California: It seems that you are a sensitive and emotional person. If I am terribly wrong, please forgive me then. Can I say that you love almost every place you have lived before?
Sep 12, 2005 04:40
  • RITA
To Peacock,
Thanks for your concern, but I've never had experienced anything left "sad memory" in my life. It only happens in movies or TV series that the hero or heroine cannot face the place with so-called sad memories. I remember I had a very happy childhood and busy teenage (studied at a key school). But moving a lot in very young ages made every places not so impressive in my mind. I think that's why I do not miss those places, for I did not have a lot of memory - definitely not sad ones.
Sep 12, 2005 19:58
  • PEA28COCK
To Rita: I am really sorry for my silly mistake. Please forgive me. Yes, constantly moving from one place to another really cannot leave you deep memories to those places you have ever lived. But I think it still can enrich your experience. It provides you the chances to have a general understanding of the custom there.
Sep 13, 2005 02:02
  • PEA28COCK
Mid-Autumn Day is really a right time for arousing people's homesickness. I am indeed longing to have a reunion with my beloved parents and little sister.
Sep 13, 2005 03:01
  • CALIFORNIA
To Pea28cock:You are so wisdom!I think I am a sensitive and emotional person:-)But I didn't miss everywhere I lived!I only miss my hometown,Inner-Mongolia and Beijing!
Sep 13, 2005 03:04
  • PEA28COCK
Hi, California, your hometown is Inner Mongolia, but you said that you are from Liaoning. Which one is correct? I am confused. You spent your childhood in Inner Mongolia, and then moved to Liaoning, am I right?
Sep 13, 2005 03:12
  • CALIFORNIA
Ok!I was born in Liaoning province,because my grandma comes from Kerqin Grassland Inner-Mongolia,and I went to there every year for holiday,Nadamu Festival,horse riding and shooting!So 1/3 of my beautiful childhood was spent in the grassland,I think!
Now,I lived and worked in Beijing,I love the ciy,I felt go home in this city!
Sep 13, 2005 03:30
  • PEA28COCK
Thanks, California, now I know it.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Homesickness
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code